Koolest Case in the World....(or so i think)

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Taggert_LOA, Jan 26, 2004.

?
  1. love it where can i get it?

14.3%
  2. Seen one Seen all.

85.7%
  1. Taggert_LOA

Taggert_LOA Modding Addict Political User

here is the case i'm getting to replace my ****ty dell case. evn though i painted my dell case, i'm tired of looking at it. i need a change i feel this is it.
    just curious as to what you think of it.

2. Taggert_LOA

Specifications :

Type:
    Mid-Tower ATX Case
    Mainboard:
    Standard ATX & Micro ATX
    Material:
    Steel
    5.25" External Drive Bays
    4 (Slide in/out)
    3.5" External Drive Bays
    2 (Slide in/out)
    Cold Cathode Light Included (Blue)
    3.5" Internal Drive Bays
    4 (Slide in/out)
    Rear Expansion Slots 7
    Cooling Fan Space
    Up to 1 x Fans: 80mm in size
    1 x 120mm in Rear (Included)

Dimension (H x W x D):
    17" x 8" x 19"

Front Right Panel:
    2 x USB 2.0, 1 x IEEE 1394 Firewire Port, Audio, MIC

3. dreamliner77

dreamliner77 The Analog Kid

Looks like an alienware case

4. breezie

breezie OSNN Addict

actually this is the coolest case in the world

http://www.ntfs.org/forum/showthread.php?t=810

---

honestly i think the case up there doesnt look good at all and for around 100 bucks- there are a ton of cases i would get instead of that one-

5. breezie

breezie OSNN Addict

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the one you picked looks plastic (i know its probably not but it "looks") and kinda resembles a kiddie toy (or transformer)--

6. Taggert_LOA

but those all have the same boring box shape. i want curves, i want the case to look alive not a fridge sittin on my desk........

7. breezie

breezie OSNN Addict

alive?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

how's that? hehe

but seriously- u really dont wanna compromise quality for curves-- if u want it to look alive- just put a ton of flashing lights on it

8. Taggert_LOA

a case is a case, you want it to work better you mod it......wether you spend 20.00 or 200.00 it's all the same sheet metal or plastic.

9. Taggert_LOA

also custom fabrication to that extent doesn't qualify.... you can't buy that anywhere.......

10. breezie

breezie OSNN Addict

hehe actually they sell those cases of the plane and stuff retail- go check out xoxide.com - they're not fabricated nor are they the work of some serious modder ^_^

the case you picked is in the 100 dollar range; i think for the pice, you could go other directions in terms of quality- if you want to just mod a case, you can get a cheap one and do your own mods but certainly not for a 100 bucks..

for the price:

if i didnt have a nice PSU, i'd get a nice antec because they make high quality aluminum cases (heat dissipation is better) that come with high quality power supplies

if i did have a nice psu, i'd get a Lian Li, Cooler Master, and heck, i'd still get a nice antec... they have nicer cases with removable mobo trays, they pay attention to details, and some even have noise silencing features... the Lian LI- has sound insulating foam and other great features to boot.... i would not want a poory made plastic case--

11. Taggert_LOA

ok any suggestions then to something other than the lunch box shape the has all the qualities you listed?

12. breezie

breezie OSNN Addict

umm--

[​IMG]

this one is nice cause its aluminum and has a digital temp gauge and kinda resembles the one you picked, oh and there's 3 different colors

(xoxide.com)

13. Taggert_LOA

ok i'll keep that one in mind. sorry if i seem like a pain in the ass about this but i'm sure you all understand where i am coming from. we have to look at our comps everyday and it would be nice if we could smile when we did.

14. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

i totally agree. if you like the way that first 'diablo' case looks, then that's all that matters! at least when it comes to asthetics...

how the inside is laid-out and what fan options you have is another matter. i'd have to see all of that before suggesting any case.

just wish you gave us a link or at least a manufacturer so i could check it out further. :)

15. Taggert_LOA

here is a pic of the internal of the case

16. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

i think it looks like something out of a kinda egg, or a retro 80's transformer.

***starts singing** transformers, robots in desguise.....*** :D :D

17. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

airflow is centered around the exhaust fans and power supply. the drive bays don't say much. ;)

18. dreamliner77

dreamliner77 The Analog Kid

is it just me, or is it really hard to find a good, inexpensive case that has decent cooling options these days? I mean, there are so many cases out there right now that only have one or two fans...

19. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

it's true. and sort of silly when you consider that providing decent cooling options is merely a matter of having the appropriate holes cut out. i mean, instead of having your machine stamp one 80mm fan hole in the back, have it stamp two or a 92 or 120mm.
    :confused:

but with that being said, you're probably better off buying a cheap case that has room on the back to cut your own holes. ;)

20. scriptasylum

scriptasylum Moderator

You know, that would make a decent project. Now that would be some serious modding! I can see it now; a 3 foot tall Optimus Prime...