Konfabulator 1.8 for Windows

I've been wanting to try this ever since I saw that weather widget from some screenies. However, since there's a similar version (is it a port?) of it on avedesk, i'm not too sure if it's worth trying now.

the widgets are very smoothe, very nice...I pretty much just have everything in the tray, and while not nearly as nice, that'w where I like them

as netryder tells, these widgets use almost as much memory as explorer...that's too much I think.

anyway, they are really well done...I'm keeping it on my box, but not running for now

This is the first release for Windows, so I didn't really expect it to be perfect. They've done a damn good job with it, but I think they might cut down on the memory usage in later versions based on user feedback.
Until them, I'm sticking to my trusty AveDesk. :)

NetRyder said:
This is the first release for Windows, so I didn't really expect it to be perfect. They've done a damn good job with it, but I think they might cut down on the memory usage in later versions based on user feedback.
Until them, I'm sticking to my trusty AveDesk. :)
could you show me screenys of your avedesk please

thanx in advance

perris said:
could you show me screenys of your avedesk please

thanx in advance
My monthly desktops are here in this folder:
http://netryder.osnn.net/desktops/

All of them are using a AveDesk, Samurize or Rainlendar (mostly a combination of two or more of them). Look at the FTP drop widget on some of them, for example. It's pixel-perfect when you compare it to the Konfabulator one, but I actually prefer the functionality of the AveDesk widget - you can define multiple profiles for different FTP servers, which you can select with a right click. So I can have just one FTP widget for all my FTP servers, as opposed to one for each one in Konfabulator. :)

I also like Rainlendar the best for my desktop calendar, since it can pull events from Outlook, which is what I primarily use to keep track of meetings and events (it syncs with my cellphone too)

Mix and match is the way to go.
smile.gif

Hey Net the Mac looking bar across the bottom is that AveDesk as well as the big drives?

*edit* - also when you say konfabulator uses alot of memory, how much are we talking (ballpark figure)?

Xie said:
Hey Net the Mac looking bar across the bottom is that AveDesk as well as the big drives?

*edit* - also when you say konfabulator uses alot of memory, how much are we talking (ballpark figure)?
You mean the dock, with all the application icons? That would be Y'z Dock (although I don't use it anymore). And yes, the drive icons would be AveDesk desklets.

Konfab memory usage - I had one widget (forget which one) taking up 12MB. A couple of others were between 5-7MB each. So if you're looking at several widgets, it adds up to quite a bit. As I said, it's not a huge problem (there's plenty of RAM to waste most of the time), but I'd rather use something that can achieve the same effect and functionality with less resource usage. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back