Knoppix

Xie

- geek -
This is a great linux distro/recovery cd. Thanks to this little gem I was able to transfer all my data [mbr] and all to a new HD from my dieing one. It includes most all troubleshooting/recovery apps you could think of. I ended up using "dd_rescue" to transfer my files from dead HD to my new HD as "dd" would stop because of bad sectors. Anyways I'm so happy with this neat little cd full of such helpfull stuff. I will be keeping a copy of this OS around for a long time. :D

Ammm ... your welcome? heh. Who was that directed to? :laugh:

another good little distro is the knoppix-std (Security Tools Distribution), has tons of categories for there tools:

* authentication
* encryption
* forensics
* firewall
* honeypot
* ids
* network utilities
* password tools
* servers
* packet sniffers
* tcp tools
* tunnels
* vulnerability assessment
* wireless tools

Great for network admins to test their own networks :) Knoppix is a great distro i have to admit :D

vern said:
Ammm ... your welcome? heh. Who was that directed to? :laugh:
Nobody really .. just telling of my Knoppix experience. :p If directed to anyone I guess it would be a thank-you to the Knoppix team and a heads up for anyone that has/will have problems with something that Knoppix could help fix.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back