Kind of a hardware question, but,

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Sgt Shultz, May 8, 2002.

1. Sgt Shultz

Sgt Shultz Guest

Since I'm looking for a good Nvidia card for gaming, I figured I'd ask it here.

My original plan was to spend about $180 but after looking at all the video cards on NewEgg I figured under $140.

Each of the cards, except the Ultra, has a low and high end price, I'm leaning toward the low end.

2. dijital

dijital Guest

i'd go for the ge3 ti-200. best bang for the buck.

3. dieot

dieot OSNN Junior Addict

Please save your money until you can get a Geforce 4 TI 4600 128MB DDR

Trust me, you won't be sorry :)

But if you want I can sell you my old Geforce 3 Ti 500 for a price, i still have it. I got my Geforce 4 2 months ago :)

4. da rock

da rock Guest

i got a gainward gf3 ti 200/450 from the same site and it rocks!

5. DuffMan

DuffMan Guest

Stay away from anything that has MX attached to it.
    If you want a cheaper geforce 4 card look for the 4200, it should retail for about 180.00 american and is the best value in the new generation cards.

6. JeremyT

JeremyT Guest

Best Buy in the US has geforce3 ti 200 for 120$ right now. I haven't been able to find anything much cheaper than this. I would defenitly recommend it.

7. dadx2mj

dadx2mj Guest

I bought a Gainard TI200 from newegg and have never been happier with a vid card upgrade. Mine overclocks to 240 core and 540 memery. The image quality is a big improvement over the GF2 line. I honestly think it has more horse power than any of the current games need.

8. Sgt Shultz

Sgt Shultz Guest

I went to BestBuy like JeremyT suggested.
    They had a Geforce4Mx420 as an open box for $80.

So I got a Geforce3Ti200 :)

My 3dmark score went from 44XX to 71XX.
    somehow I still think I should be getting better scores :confused:

oh well
    Thanks everyone.

.:edit:. I just did some checking. It appears my 3dMark score was actualy pretty good.

9. da rock

da rock Guest

don't know what your setup is,but 71xx sounds about right, i get 7142 w/ no oc on a gainward gef3 ti 200/400:)

10. Nismo83

Nismo83 OSNN AZN Addict

I would definitely go for a GeForce 3 Ti200.. COmpare with GeForce 4 MX 460, GeForce 3 Ti200 has vertex shader and pixel shading and GeForce4 MX460 doesn't support that. To me GeForce 4MX 460 is something like a pre-GeForce 3 to me. ;)

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Intel Pentium IV 1.5GHz
    Intel 850GB Chipset
    256 RD RAM (PC 800)
    Sound Blaster Live 5.1
    Maxtor 20GB ATA 100 HDD
    Gainward 64 MB GeForce2 MX 400 (should be in Musuem in a few months time or maybe now)
    52X Creative CD-ROM
    8X4X32 Creative CD-RW