Keyboard problem

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Liab, Feb 17, 2004.

1. Liab

Liab OSNN Junior Addict

i have a problem with the ENTER key including the one on the numkeys..problem is that i cant use the enter key after 20 mins of using my pc...when i press enter..nothing happens...i bought a new keyboard but still the same problem...can please anyone help me? :mad: :confused:

2. Glaanieboy

Glaanieboy Moderator

What is your OS? Are you using a wireless keyboard? Are you using extra drivers besides the default drivers (for multimedia keys etc)?

3. Liab

Liab OSNN Junior Addict

im using windows xp,and its not a chordless keyboard, & im not using extra drivers besides the default drivers.... this problem started after i reformatted my pc..

4. PseudoKiller

PseudoKiller Zug Zug

have you tried to use another keyboard maybe your current one is shot and needs to be replaced??

5. Liab

Liab OSNN Junior Addict

yeah im using a new keyboard now..but still the same problem!:(

6. Liab

Liab OSNN Junior Addict

hey guys do you think i need to configure my bios?is there a connction with my keyboard?

7. toretto

toretto Mentally Absent

no, you should try booting into safe mode, and use it like that for a while. if it keeps working for an hr. then you have a program this is loading that is remapping the enter button, sometimes that can be a virus or trojan. Or just some sort of prank

8. Liab

Liab OSNN Junior Addict

how do i run it in safe mode?

9. Xie

Xie - geek - Subscribed User Folding Team

you have to reboot and hit F8 (probably a few times) as it restarts and it will give you a menu ... choose safe mode :)

10. Liab

Liab OSNN Junior Addict

hey guys ive already try using the safe mode..but still the same problem..what should i do?:(

11. Ohzopants

Ohzopants My mom thinks I'm cool

Do you have a car? If so securely place your keyboard under one of your tires and move forward, hopefully your car is powerful enough to send the keyboard soaring doing extra damage.

(Note: This will not solve your problem but it will provide fun and make you feel like less of a slave to your PC)

12. Xie

Xie - geek - Subscribed User Folding Team

Could it possibly be a keyboard controller on the motherboard going bad? I know I know .. longshot :)

13. Admiral Michael

Admiral Michael Michaelsoft Systems CEO Folding Team

Is it PS/2? if so try using a USB keyboard.

14. toretto

toretto Mentally Absent

btw, i am on windows 2k, and i just today started having the same problem, POS!

15. the_music_man

the_music_man aka prodj88 =P

wtf i just had this problem. when i read this post i really thought this was my thread. lol holly ****. anyway i just updated stuff on my PC and restarted and i haven't had the problem for over 5 days now :)

16. the_music_man

the_music_man aka prodj88 =P

btw I ddidn't even know what was the problem. I just tried reconnecting, downloading stuff and restarting and hoping it would work and finally one day i realized it did. Also, what keyboard do you have? If you have the same one as me (Microsoft intelliype or w/e) then maybe you should download the drivers and such