Kerio Filter rules?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by leedogg, May 21, 2003.

1. leedogg

leedogg Gojyone kawaiiiiiiii!

I have the following rules in place although I'm not sure if I should... any suggestions/feedback?

Other ICMP blocked both directions
    IGMP blocked both directions
    Simple Service Discovery Protocol (incoming) blocked incoming
    System Blocked incoming
    Generic Host Process for Win32 Services blocked incoming

should any of these be unblocked? These are all I have blocked should i block any more?

thanks

2. leedogg

thanks for the link and info Enyo. Tons of stuff to wade through...but I think I'm getting there. I'm just trying not to block important web traffic with these rules. Was using outpost before which had a much simpler interface..

3. leedogg

Enyo I have another question. If I use a site like www.pcflank.com to test my firewall, do I want to create rules to deny all of the attacks pcflanks throws at me?

4. Perris Calderon

Perris Calderon Moderator Staff Member Political User

leedog

when you uninstall or dissable the outpost, the service continues to run.

you have to amke sure you dissable that.

in addition, outpost does a dns cache wich is a good idea.

you can getr the free program "fastnet99" whcih also does that, and this will speed your internet surfing.

also, outpost is very hard to get rid of all of the components, so be diligent when you decide to do it

5. leedogg

well i used unclean to remove outpost...hopefully it got it all. didnt see the outpost service in the lists of services and the agnitum folder is empty so hopefully i got it all...I'm already using fastnet99 =)

thx for the input dealer.