Keeping Widgets on screen

Discussion in 'Desktop Customisation' started by ray_gillespie, Jul 25, 2005.

1. ray_gillespie

ray_gillespie Moderator Staff Member Political User

I remember about a year ago using downloading some Widgets for my desktop, some of which were quite cool. The only problem was, I could minimize each open window to take me to the desktop and they would be there, but if I used the shortcut to desktop button they would be minimized along with everything else, and I couldn't access them.
    So my question for today is, does anyone know of any widget programs that will prevent this happening, and if so, how?

Thanks. Reps as usual.

2. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

I use AveDesk and I set the desklet style to "Desktop Icon" instead of the default "Normal Window" option. That prevents the widgets from disappearing when you use the Show Desktop shortcut or hit Winkey+D.
    I'm not sure if there's a similar option in other apps, but I imagine there would be.

ray_gillespie likes this.
  3. yalooze

yalooze OSNN Addict

I know that both Coolmon and Samurize have a 'pin to desktop' mode.

I'm not really sure what kind of stuff you're after; Coolmon displays system stats (simple, good for low mem) and Samurize is more powerful and can do heaps of different things. Take a look at screenshots here.

4. 762x51

762x51 168gr BTHP

If you are refering to Konfabulator......in the properties of each widget, set the "Level of Window" to "Below". They then stay when hitting the show desktop button. HTH.

5. ray_gillespie

ray_gillespie Moderator Staff Member Political User

That's great, thanks guys. Reps out.