Kazza With SP2

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by cryptmagic, Apr 20, 2004.

1. cryptmagic

cryptmagic OSNN Junior Addict

Is anyone having a problem with kazaa where after installing win xp service pack 2, the kazaa doesnt open it emedietly shuts down, and even after reinstalling kazaa again it keeps quitting itself?

2. sboulema

sboulema Moderator

try running kazaa in compatibility mode and choose windows 2000

3. o0RaidR0o

o0RaidR0o OSNN Addict

Cryptmagic that is one of the pitfalls of running an unofficial release of anything, the unknowns. Now granted one may still experience the same problems with the official release as well.

First question what version of Kazaa are you running? I hope its the lite version, dunno if it the latest but this is what I'm running "KazaaLite.v2.4.3e".

The reason why I ask is because this is about as safe as safe can be using a p2p and keeping the RIAA off your back and also being trojan, ad-aware, spybot free.

Anyhow I digress, one of the more important features of the sp2 release is its new enhanced "Firewall" check to see if its turned on, if so either turn it off or add the port# you'll be using with Kazaa. It's just a guess on part but worth a looksie.

Good luck!

4. Petros

Petros Thief IV

Kazaa does the same thing to me when I use spybot to immunize against spyware. Maybe it's not SP2, or maybe SP2 does some spyware stomping.

5. Kr0m

Kr0m Moderator

Hmm, maybe SP2 stomps P2P all together... that would rock! YEE YEE!

6. Lee

Lee OSNN Proxy

I had no troubles installing sp2 rc1.

What is your purpose of using kazaa?

7. dreamliner77

dreamliner77 The Analog Kid

If you're using plain old vanilla kazaa, i bet you've had some of the adware/spyware removed that is necessary for it to run. Try Kazaalite.