Kazaalite users

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Tw@, Apr 25, 2002.

1. Tw@

Tw@ Guest

Has anyone experienced any problems using Kazaa lite. I know the full Kazaa has spyware and lite is supposedly spyware free but I want to hear it from the people who are using it.

Any problems?

and how would you rate the network?
  2. New Disease

New Disease Whatever...

no ads no spyware
    i have noticed a difference in d/l speeds - quicker
    thats about it - it rocks
  3. Herkalees

Herkalees Guest

Kazaa Lite is wonderful... aside from the home page loading up when you first start the program, I have no complaints... mostly praises in fact. It has saved me tons-o-money.
  4. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

the year 2525
    yup its a nice mod alright :)
  5. Terrahertz

Terrahertz Extinction Agenda Political User Folding Team

New York
    I love it and it does seem quicker.
  6. Swi

Swi gningnegneur

It sure works great, but i'm wondering why a spyware-free program contains a Cydoor DLL (cd_clint.dll)...???
    Personnaly i blocked this DLL from accessing the internet with a firewall, just in case...

7. redsolar

redsolar Guest

cd_clint.dll has to be there since it contains some of the program's procedures that Kazaa uses. It was made this way to prevent users from a possibility to remove spyware by simply deleting the appropriate .dll. However, a smart enough user, who knows ascii editing, can do this, which i think has been done to kazaa, transforming it into "Lite" version.
  8. vippy

vippy Guest

Kazza Lite

I made the switch and it works like a charm!!!
  9. evilhomer

evilhomer Guest

i never used the original b/c of spyware

I have no problems with the lite version.

My only complaint is that same with all the p2p networks. Nothing's even 1/10 as fast as napster was...
  10. New Disease

New Disease Whatever...

ahh....... the old days of napster...... <dreams>
  11. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

the year 2525
    The clint_dll file has been hacked to prevent it from popping up ad banners every couple of mins. just set adaware to ignore the file. kazaa lite has to have it in as it states above about it being part of the program, just in this version its been recoded to look the same to kazaa but without the pop ups :D
  12. riscy

riscy OSNN Addict

kazaalite homepage

The kazaalite homepage can be blocked by adding the IP to your hosts file (I think it has to be done before installation though)- I have added loads of ad IPs there and get a blank section in pages which are supposed to have ads :)

This speed up page downloads.