Kazaa - using 939MB!!!

P

Powerchordpunk

Maybe its just a glitch or something. Today I was tryin to free some space up on my drive when I saw Kazaa in the add/remove programs menu. It said it was using 939MB of my drive. Yes thats 939MB. I have no files in any folder from Kazaa. Is it just a glitch and I am dumb?

Yeah, I had the same problem, the Add/Remove program thing said that Kazaa was taking up about 1.5 gig of space. No idea why it does that, but I don't think it is taking up that much space... :confused:

Dont forget that Kazaa stores all your partially downloaded files in it own directory. Just looked at mine, a smidgeon over 1.2 gb ( 5 black adder videos :D )

Do you have about 900 MB in MP3s? Kazaa includes downloaded MP3s in its uninstaller...how sneaky. If you ever want to uninstall Kazaa, move the MP3 folder somewhere else on your hard drive, faraway from the Kazaa default download folder. I've never tried it myself because I love my MP3s too much ;), but I fear that it would remove MP3s once uninstalled.

Kazaa is horrid, with enough spyware that it would make Bill Gates slap-happy. Use Morpheus. :p

Melon

Morpheus IS Kazaa, with a few different colors etc. Aren't Sharman moving all Morpheus users over to Kazaa anyway?

ZedExSeven

Don't trust the figures in Add/Remove Programs. They are seldomly accurate. :)

It's probably some sort of bug that should be fixed. I've had the same problem.

Are you using the Kazaa shared folder? If you are, and have stuff in it, it would show up that big.

If you are using it, you can use another folder, just set any folder under option>preferences in Kazaa.

Originally posted by ZedExSeven
Morpheus IS Kazaa, with a few different colors etc. Aren't Sharman moving all Morpheus users over to Kazaa anyway?

ZedExSeven

Not any more it ain't - Morpheus has become practically useless since they broke down and had to quickly release their 'Preview Edition'. I used to always use it, but what it had become was hideous. Now I'm stuck with Grokster...

I have downloaded over 15GB of media off of Kazaa and my installation's footprint is still just a bit over 5MB. Most of my MP3s are still in the default download folder, all 12GB of them.

Wierd problem though.

search the forum for kazaa lite. Its kazaa without all the spyware and ads. pretty sure it cant be legal, but if you're using kazaa in the first place, i doubt that u are too worried about that.;)

the Size listed in Add\Remove programs is the size the the folder the program is installed to. That's how it's always been.

The size you see includes all files and subfolder under "C:\programs files\Kazaa\" or whereever you installed it to.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back