KaZaA poisoned with salted files?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by SeeKerS, Aug 28, 2002.

1. SeeKerS

SeeKerS Guest

Ha! The More file on KaZaA make it even more popular. All they are doing is making KaZaA more appealing to many new users. Sure there are alot of misnamed files in KaZaA but alot of them can be avoided. Take for example fastrackmovies and sig2dat, they are execellent tools to avoid those fake files. Anyway I am looking forward for KaZaA to reache the 3,000,000gb mark. Last Time i checked it was around 2,970,000gb. Truly with this much files youll surely find what you need.

2. 2z

2z OSNN Gamer

WOW

Not used Kazaa for a couple of month
    I thought it was cool when the amount of users reached a million
    Now theres 2.5 million users WOW !!!!!!!
    That is 1 big community
    :p

3. Jz1397-5

Jz1397-5 XP Bad Ass

well america is 250 million people, something like that

4. 2z

2z OSNN Gamer

:confused:
    Your point being ???????
    If your trying to tell me that there are a lot of PC users in the USA, there is, but not all 250million of them !!!!!!!!
    The country with the highest ratio of PC users I think you'll find its Sweden.
    & did you know that Kazaa is a Dutch invention ??????
    Not everything in this world is Made in America

;) :p :cool:

5. 2z

2z OSNN Gamer

Your post sounds really scary catch !!!!!!
    I have missed something ?????
    are we all gonna get arrested ?????
    have our computers siezed/disabled ?????

6. 2z

2z OSNN Gamer

catch
    I understand your concerns
    BUT !!!
    1. There is a legitamate use for Kazaa !!!!
    2. If you dont break the law using kazaa your in no danger.
    3. The best protection while using kazaa is a bit of common sense

7. 2z

2z OSNN Gamer

Good point ;-)
    Good point, maybe a bit over dramitic though. If you get caught sharing a copyrighted file (which can only happen if the RIAA download the file from your PC, and they have no idea what files are in transit as these files are encrypted) your not going to be thrown in prison or anything like that. The RIAA will contact your ISP who in turn will contact you & ask you stop sharing that particular file or else.
    Good point but thats human nature for you, we all cant be blessed with your level of common sense.
    :p ;)

8. 2z

2z OSNN Gamer

After thought

99% of the Mp3's I download from Kazaa is legitimate !!!
    I'm 35 & I've been collecting music for 20 year
    I have a boxes full of LP's & cassettes none of which I can play apart from not having a record/cassette player they are all of low quality or damaged in some way.
    Also I have quite a few CD's that overtime have become scratched & unplayable.
    now I download & replace instead of going back to the shop & buying the same product again & again & thats only if its in stock !!!!!
    If I like it I'll buy it.
    & create 1 backup which is legal.

:p ;)

9. elderec

elderec Guest

Last I checked South Korea had the highest percentage of PC users.

10. Sage

Sage Guest

Kazaa

Kazaa is trash there are much better psp clients around, that have more users, more files (complete - no crap or miss named) with faster download speeds. If you want to use Kazaa thats your choice, but you can do better.

11. Sage

Sage Guest

RIAA

catch23 now don't get me wrong, but the only people who might be "at risk" would be people in the US. It's the RIAA, not the RIAW Recording Industry Association of the World - I don't believe the RIAA has any direct legal authority outside the US. The whole psp debate I don't thing will ever be settled. When one is closed down another opens. Worst case senerio is it all goes back to the old FTP system. Just my two cents.;)

12. 2z

2z OSNN Gamer

Take your word for it ;-)
    Probably just relevant to Europe