Kazaa Participation cheat

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by xontroulis, Oct 9, 2002.

1. xontroulis

xontroulis Guest

Kazaa 2.0 includes this stupid participation meter which seems that will decrease over time no mater how many files you share or how many users download from you....

Well big deal you might say, if the participation level is low,med,hi or whatever...

However I have noticed that when the participation level is high better say very high (1000 points) you get to download at higher speeds...(I won't bet by head on this; but why don't you read ahead , give it a try and post your opinions?)

How to reach a high level? The guys at k-lite host a utility that will cheat kazaa and increase your participation level to the maximum, you can get the file from this page : http://doa2.host.sk/

it is under downloads and is called Kazaa cheater, latest version : 1.3.1

Enjoy!!

PS: I don't know if anyone else has posted this again, here on in another thread...If I am just repeating something sorry :p

2. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

Cheaters!!! :p

Hope you share your files at least ... that's the basis behind P2P after all.

3. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

ooooooooold news :p

NetRyder - it's ok if your sitting on a fat pipe, us 56k users haven't the bandwidth to share our mp3 collections :D

4. xontroulis

xontroulis Guest

I share a lot of files but more (and I do mean a lot...;) ) but my participation level, as well as the participation level of others that download from me is pathetic, usually low...not even medium

I think there is something wrong with the algoritm they use to judge the participation...otherwise more than 90% of the users wouldn be in the low level...

Anyway this is why I use this utility

5. visuelz

visuelz Guest

us adsl users cant share our mp3s either =)

6. dadx2mj

dadx2mj Guest

No doubt it raises your participation level and I do believe that a higher level gets you better download speed. I just have not been using the P2P's as much lately. I realize that they are free so I have no room to complain but it is frustrating with all the junk and mis labeled files not to mention the viruses running around

7. SPeedY_B

your participation level increases the more you upload, but it also works against a ratio of what you download.

Say for example from a fresh install of KaZaA you upload 1gb of mp3's then your rating goes to 1000, then you d/l around 500mb or so but only upload another 10mb then the rating will go down quite fast, admitedly it is a pain in the ass, and im glad this app was made (Even tho you dont need an app to do this)

8. RobbieSan

RobbieSan Guest

does it work for kazaalite too?

9. SPeedY_B

Sure does :)

10. RobbieSan

RobbieSan Guest

cool, just waiting for kazaalite V2 to come out.. this prog works only with V2 from what their site says..

11. SPeedY_B

errrr, KaZaA Lite 2 has been out since the official KaZaA 2 was released

12. RobbieSan

RobbieSan Guest

didn't know that.. I've been visiting www.kazaalite.com waiting for V2 but they only have 1.7.2..... where can I get Kazaalite V2?

13. RobbieSan

RobbieSan Guest

nm, managed to find it after some searching..

14. SPeedY_B

15. chris

chris Free to Fly

runtime errors galore when i try it, so its good old sharing for me

16. SPeedY_B

I told you how to do it without teh app, or did i not ?

17. hey that prog does bring up the level, got mine to 110 then i paused it. now it's slowly climbing back down

18. dadx2mj

dadx2mj Guest

110?? You must have only run it for a few seconds. I ran it for a minute or two and I was up to "supreme being" with 1000 points

19. lol, i'll try to get to that . i just tested it for a little.

20. Yharn

Yharn meh.

can't tell that it does anything other than raise the rating my speeds are still about the same