Kaspersky problems..

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by VenomXt, Jan 3, 2006.

1. VenomXt

VenomXt Blame me for the RAZR's Folding Team

im currently using Kaspersky antivirus 5.0.18 im liking it alot there is only two problems.

1. about once a hour it makes a scheculed task baloon pop up has become annoying cant seem to find how to turn that off ( i like the ballons for other things)

2. IT cant scan network drives or so it tells me. Any ways aroound this? IS there a diffrent version that does? kinda important. And the fact is FreeAVg did it and it was free.. hehe i dont mind getting another version i just need it to be able to scan my server network drives..

2. Mastershakes

Mastershakes Moderator

First, I think that scheduled task is the updating of the virus definitions.

Still trying to verify, but I think you'll need to go to the pro version (for enterprises as per site) to scan the network drives.

3. rotjong

rotjong Moderator

To get rid of the balloon go into Kaspersky's advanced settings and turn off the balloons. I don't believe you can do this selectively so you'll have to decide whether it irritates you too much to live with or you can live without the other balloons.

As for scanning a network drive... the Personal version doesn't support this to my knowledge and as has been stated is likely a Pro version feature but I can't say for sure.

rotjong

4. VenomXt

VenomXt Blame me for the RAZR's Folding Team

thought i was running pro hmm maybe not will have to check when i get back to my house.

5. Enyo

Enyo Moderator

Correct.