just to start some trouble (*warning*politics)

Got all these website links with all these statistics. Ever hear that quote guys: "there are three types of lies....lies, damned lies and statistics" Just because you saw it on the web or TV or read it in a newspaper doesn't make it true. Untill you're willing to go out and perform your own investigation on the matter, you're going to have to live with the results.

I agree zarband...but will we find out if it's true or false, or will we not.....that's all that matters now

as far as living with the results...that we all have to do...while we try to find out what did or did not happen, we live with the results

Maybe you will find out , I must say I love all the drama .. its amazing how in the USA an election lasts 4 years ?

LOLOL Here in Canada we vote and it works

purple_america_2004_small.gif

its not so much red or blue as middling if you consider the total number of votes... :cool:

Election2004textured_small.gif

basic map with red/blue/purple and the population centers...

http://www.princeton.edu/~rvdb/JAVA/election2004/

don't care who won really... all I know is my candidate lost :(

now go away while I cry myself to sleep

there are others similar to that...

I think its obvious the whole nation is neither democrat nor republican but a balance of the two...

doesn't matter though...we are now a one party country, and we won't be picking the president in elections anymore, that's going to happen in the republican primary

nothing else means anything

it's starting to get pitiful now perris

I just meant I think there is a little too much weight being thrown at those articles...not that they are 100% untrue but I think when something a more substantial comes around then think the world has gone crazy, but now it's a little too early

tiffgong...with every post I've made, I said that [if] this is true.

I don't know if it's true or not...hopefully it's not...hopefully we'll find out

but really...exit polls are not wrong...how interesting that they happen to be wrong in areas with touch screens

how interesting that the evidence looks like there are more votes then voters

an alarm needs to be raised, and the bottom of this needs to be discovered...because if those numbers are official and true, then this country is under siege

an alarm needs to be raised

yet where is the alarm?

it is very possible, and does appear to be the case that when some of the numbers were tabulated, during the morning, there may well have been a lot of democrats voting then...

let it go dealer :cool:

Sazar said:
its not so much red or blue as middling if you consider the total number of votes... :cool:

basic map with red/blue/purple and the population centers...

don't care who won really... all I know is my candidate lost :(

now go away while I cry myself to sleep

I still see a lot of red, or redish purple (more red then blue in it's makeup) in em maps of yours. Not as much as the map on a previous page however.

True though, California and New York are 2 of the most populated states, and the eastern sea board is a quite populous region however.

BTW, that area you're familiar with, called Rove-ville, erm, I mean Texas :D looks as red as a cherry m8 ;) as does Utah I believe it would be

texas is mostly red except for the main cities such as houston, san antonio, dallas and austin... these are mostly blue/purple, with tinges of red... if you live in any of these cities you will notice the population is balanced in its views

Sazar said:
it is very possible, and does appear to be the case that when some of the numbers were tabulated, during the morning, there may well have been a lot of democrats voting then...

let it go dealer :cool:

there is a pretty good explanation sazaar, however why this election over others?...that doesn't add up... why the states that have electronic voting and not the others?...that doesn't add up

why more votes then voters?...this is a concern of the highest nature.

I am assuming there are fine explanaitions for these facts.

I need to see those explanaitons...don't you?

now, more votes then voters? ?? ???????????

if those numbers are true, we are in a heap of trouble, and America is no longer a democracy

ok, dealer lets this thread go.

if the people who are supposed to care about these allegations don't do anything, then obviously we are not going to be able to get anything done...

each state has its own methodology to this madness... I still think the electoral college is complete bullsh!t... have a proper POPULAR vote election so EVERY vote counts and teh candidates have to appeal to EVERYBODY...

with the electoral college a few cities in a few states are going to keep getting all the attention while other cities and states are left all alone... that is mis-representation...

Sazar said:
with the electoral college a few cities in a few states are going to keep getting all the attention while other cities and states are left all alone... that is mis-representation...

The interests of small towns and states get trampled on. Being from a small town, and having lived in a pair of three-vote states, I must say that I don't want New York or Dallas completely dictating the governmental decisions of Cheyenne. America protects and cherishes its minorities, and much strength is derived from our diversity.

Democracy is five men and a woman on an island who vote on the legality of rape. Thank God for the republic.

P.S. The one upside to NOT having an electoral college is that us small-state folk would never again see a campaign ad. Ugh!

Sazar said:
I think its obvious the whole nation is neither democrat nor republican but a balance of the two...
I think it's obvious thats what a democracy is about right? If it was any other way I'd be more worried than I am now. It's the freedom to have threads like the one we're entertaining here. Freedom to have an open election like the one we've just had. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the fear here comes from the notion that what we've just had *wasn't* an open election where every vote counted and the candidate with the most wins, but rather where the guy with the most "internal" influence and means to *make* himself win is victorious. Taking away the voice of the people?

Unwonted said:
The interests of small towns and states get trampled on. Being from a small town, and having lived in a pair of three-vote states, I must say that I don't want New York or Dallas completely dictating the governmental decisions of Cheyenne. America protects and cherishes its minorities, and much strength is derived from our diversity.

Democracy is five men and a woman on an island who vote on the legality of rape. Thank God for the republic.

states would still have representatives... that is not what I am implying...

legislative elections can be held as they have been always held and a voice per state is just fine with me...

for a president though the people should all have a singular voice... I would rather the candidates appealed to ALL the americans rather than running ads in a few choice states...

thats pandering and its ridiculous that as advanced a democracy as we are supposed to be we still humour this kind of archaic stone age mentality to voting...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back