just to start some trouble (*warning*politics)

Haha, well at least I get a warm welcome if not an agreeing audience eh Patriot? Either way it doesn't matter the true beauty of this country is that everyone can have their own opinions and minds free to think for themselves.

The threads in question are here and here if you want to check them out.

By the by, perris, the story you posted to start this thread cited this page as a source for its arguments. That page has now been corrected to say this:

Quote:
CLARIFICATION: THIS REPORT HAS BEEN LARGELY DEBUNKED BY A DETAILED ANALYSIS RAW STORY COMMISSIONED BY A FORMER MIT PROFESSOR, USING A LARGER SAMPLE AND WITH AN EXACT UNDERSTANDING OF ALL STATES USING ELECTRONIC VOTING. PLEASE FOLLOW THIS LINK TO THE UPDATED STORY.

This article has been removed by the editors. Given a professional statistical analysis which reached an opposing conclusion, we felt it was too misleading to leave up; the above linked article clarifies the information and story in question.

Corrected story here. The larger-sampled exit polls actually showed higher gains for Bush. In the interest of truthfulness, the article has been corrected to reflect the more in-depth research.
your post is missleading...the article and the links to the article continue to point out that the exit polls clearly indicate kerry wins ohio and florida

exit polls are never wrong

thepatriot said:
Perris, I love ya man, but don't you hear that fat lady singing?
of course the fat lady has sung...Bush is the president for the next four years...these discussions are simply academia

p.s.

I love you too...are you busy friday night?

I heard the fat lady won florida and Ohio, oh yeah and she got the vote of the dunkin donuts headquarters

here's an interesting post from one of the links unwonted supplied...verry troublesome if true

Interesting that this report - http://www.ac.wwu.edu/~adamsb6/elections/ - specifically fingers the optical scanners in Florida.

Also intersting in Florida is that, as of this writing, there are 138,567 MORE votes for President than people who turned out to vote. One might expect FEWER because some people might not vote for President, but MORE? I’m sure some smart guy somewhere has a statistical explanation for this, but it don’t make no sense to me.

really...if any of this is true,the fat lady is singing for America

Fat lady already sang a few years ago at the super bowl remember? That is.....if you could consider it singing......more like the wailing death screeches of a beached beluga whale....:eek:

My apologies to the horizontally challenged no offense intended. I'm sure you all sing beautifully ;)

perris said:
of course the fat lady has sung...Bush is the president for the next four years...these discussions are simply academia

p.s.

I love you too...are you busy friday night?
LOL!

Tuffgong4 said:
I heard the fat lady won florida and Ohio, oh yeah and she got the vote of the dunkin donuts headquarters
Yes, but the Subway vote went entirely the other way :p

Zarband said:
Fat lady already sang a few years ago at the super bowl remember? That is.....if you could consider it singing......more like the wailing death screeches of a beached beluga whale....
Screech 'bout sums it up. :eek:

perris said:
here's an interesting post from one of the links unwonted supplied...verry troublesome if true

No more troublesome than anything else on the site. I provided links to a left-wing publication; troublesome news that makes Bush look bad is to be expected.

troublesome news that makes anyone in the public eye look bad is to be expected. Human's, americans perhaps more than others I imagine, thrive on drama, gore, and the misfortune of others. Though, I guess we're not all bad eh?

Unwonted said:
No more troublesome than anything else on the site. I provided links to a left-wing publication; troublesome news that makes Bush look bad is to be expected.
unwonted, I don't know if the info that that poster sited is accurate or not.

my point is that if the info is accurate, this story has more weight then I thought...the numbers he sights are either official numbers or they're not...that is neither liberal nor concervative, they are just facts or not facts

if they are facts then America is under seige

usa_election_map.jpg

Looks pretty red to me.

I think some of the most interesting things are this and this .

*edit* - A more broad look at electronic voting issues in general here .

j79zlr said:
usa_election_map.jpg

Looks pretty red to me.
Your point? Looked almost the same in 2000 if you compare them. Also if there was cheating going on what other way would you expect it to look?

Also an interesting site is blackboxvoting.org ...
We are working now to compile the proof, based not on soft evidence -- red flags, exit polls -- but core documents obtained by Black Box Voting in the most massive Freedom of Information action in history.

*hand you and perris a tissue to cry in

if I cry j79, it's tears for this country, what this administration has done to her, and what will come of his reign as allready demonstrated by his record of perfomance

xie...j79's point begs the question of the thread and that's all it does...the red represents what the count showed, not what the people voted.

it also points out that there are people that just don't care how Bush won, just that he won.

this is where we are today...so called "Americans" like this deserve this president

exit polls are never wrong, they have never been wrong

naive is what we as as Americans are today, and this is where we are

perris said:
it also points out that there are people that just don't care how Bush won, just that he won.

this is where we are today
Yeah I think if the table was turned I would be just as upset if my canidate had possibly won by fraud and not "by the people". Why has nothing been done on a national level? I just don't see how we can push elections on others when we can't even do one that is 100% accurate (or at least close). Also how could none of these "problems" be figured out in the 4 years since the last disaster? Going from punch cards to machines that were known to have issues of dropping votes, counting backwards, adding invalid votes, having exploits, being unstable, ect. is just unacceptable for an election on a national level.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back