Just Ordered Nec Nd-2500A

Whats your opinion on this dvd-writer

• Total voters
i decided to go with it cuz on dvdrhelp.com there werent any costers done with it!:D but only one on an unnamed brand of media so thats ovibous why, and the review at cdfreaks was really detailed and thourogh and gave it a 10/10!

"Now THIS was really impressive. The NEC ND-2500A is simply the King of write quality, even when writing 4x discs at 8x speed. No other writers we have reviewed do even come close to this one in terms of writing quality. It gets a huge plus in our book for perfect writing quality, but on the other side it also gets a tiny minus for being slow at 8x writing compared to other 8x writers." - Quote from cd freaks review

I thought about getting the drive but decided on the liteon instead its seem a more "all-round" burner than the NEC is picked up the DRW-1S81 which is the OEM of the liteon 811. I got this for £58 which is a bargain for the 851 is over £80 :)

I have one and am very pleased with it, great value for money as well

could u be specific as in which one u have? that would be helpful

I have the ND-1300A, wonder if I could flash it to have 8x instead of 4x ;)

indyjones said:
I thought about getting the drive but decided on the liteon instead its seem a more "all-round" burner than the NEC
NEC's feels like nice solid machinery compared to the flimsy, noisy Lite-on's build quality. It also appears the CDFeaks folks weren't as impressed with the 8X Lite-on.

themafia_69 said:
could u be specific as in which one u have? that would be helpful
well as your first question was
themafia_69 said:
hey guys i just ordered the Nec Nd-2500 8x dvd±Writer
so it would be safe to assume I was talkin about that one or more precisely the
_NEC DVD_RW ND-2500A according to my Device Manager

ahh geffy sorry i thought u meant u have the indyjones was talking about im sorry

a friend told me that his friends had problems with this drive, did u have any? btw which firmware version do u have running now?

themafia_69 said:
ahh geffy sorry i thought u meant u have the indyjones was talking about im sorry
sorry today hasnt been a good day for me

I would not pay too much for any DVD writer at the moment for 2nd to 3rd 1/4 dual layer burners will be surfacing and no matter "what" you uses of the drive are there are only benifits.

ok when they "surface" ill buy one, bling bling money aint a thing

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back