Just my luck!

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by BouncingSoul, May 19, 2007.

1. BouncingSoul

BouncingSoul Stranger Than Fiction Political User

My plasma is broken. Two weeks old and its broken!!

At least I think it is. The audio drops out anywhere from a few minutes to a few seconds into watching. I thought it might have been the discount HDMI cables, everyone says you don't need the expensive cables. But I figured I was lucky enough to encounter problems. But it can't be them, I have two cables and I've tried both in various ports and on multiple devices. Same problem. Next I thought it was the cable box, that thing already failed on me once because of incompatible resolution. They replaced the cable box and it fixed the res issue but the sound still sucks. I called Samsung and they said they think they can fix it but since I'm still within my 30 days I'm going [to have to] return it to Best Buy. It sucks being me sooooooo much.

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2007
  2. Shamus MacNoob

Shamus MacNoob Moderator Political User

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2007
  3. LordOfLA

LordOfLA Godlike!

I know it sucks when an expensive piece of kit fails, but forum rules on language are forum rules on language. Please consult the dictionary for alternative highly expressive words.

4. BouncingSoul

As much as I hate to say it since I know its a rip off ... I'm buying the service plan on the next tv I get.

5. BouncingSoul

Sorry about that. But I felt like venting. I'll keep it clean from here on out.

6. BouncingSoul

Best Buy let me return it, they let me upgrade to a 50in DLP (that was $200 less!!) and they let me keep my 0% for 18 months. Now I just got to hope this Samsung performs better than the previous one.

7. Steevo

Steevo Spammer representing. Political User Folding Team

DLP Projector FTW @ 102".

8. mfarley

mfarley OSNN Senior Addict Folding Team

I know plasma has a short shelf life but come on! ;)

Seriously though, I'm glad to finally see a story involving Best Buy that in the end actually turned out to be a praise for the store. That was nice they let you keep the 0% financing. I bought my 56" from Costco simply for the return policy.