Just looked at the Comp USA AD

Z

zoey

P4 2.4 = 329.00
XP2400 = 299.00

Holy crap! Thank god for Newegg my P4 was 190.00

I went to CompUSA the other day to pick up an audio cable to connect a second CD drive. $24.95. Needless to say I didn't pick it up (they're on eBay for 99 cents!)

kip

we have UK equivalents, PCWorld and Dixons/Currys chain. Their all about 1.5-4 times cheaper to what you can get on the i-net, i never buy computer hardware from these chains.

Originally posted by jkipk
I went to CompUSA the other day to pick up an audio cable to connect a second CD drive. $24.95. Needless to say I didn't pick it up (they're on eBay for 99 cents!)
the analog audio cable? fyi, that isn't needed if you have windows 2000 or XP.

Bah, CompUSA is only good for window shopping or if you don't want to wait for shipping when ordering online. The prices there are outrageous. There can't be that much overhead for a "brick-and-mortar" store. I only go there when work needs something ASAP because they have deeper pockets than I do. :)

How about AMD XP 2400+ RETAIL + Fan and Heatsink and 3 Years Manufacturer Warranty= $155.00 or Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 Processor (Northwood) 2.4BGHz, 533MHz FSB, Socket 478 Retail $193.00 + only 1 dollar for 2nd day air shipping. www.googlegear.com ----> excellent prices and best deals on the net for shipping, No minimum purchase required.
Polar

CompUSA is one of the most expensive retail buss. in existance. Plus they have the worst service and 90% of there employees have no clue what so ever. I only window shop there.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back