just bought max payne 2

Guys... I'd REALLY advise you to not spend any money on this game right now.

A. I finished the whole game on easy already - it took maybe 7-9 hours (that's it)
B. There is no multiplayer

Unless you like the game so much that you'll try out the other difficulty levels - I would not spend full price on this one.

(btw - it is amazing (graphics/sound) and runs silky smooth at high resolutions)

honestly, i dont play games on easy anymore. its just too....too....easy.

:)

Originally posted by Bronx Bomber
honestly, i dont play games on easy anymore. its just too....too....easy.

:)

I switched over to easy because I was so amazed with the graphics quality... I wanted a little easier time so I could really "see" everything instead of being focused on fighting only.

To my shock/sadness - I just finished in one day. I mean, I wasn't keeping time. It's possible it was more like 6-7 hours.

I'm going to go back and do it on hard now.

That's my thing with some new games now... one pass on easy and then I go back and play it on hard.

ah, yea, i usually do it the other way around. i like to play/beat the game first, then i explore it on easy.

Originally posted by Vorpal
Actually, I can't remember if the choice to play on Hard Boiled was available right away. You may be stuck on playing at easy/fugitive at first.

The AI is suppose to adjust and give you a hard time - I did die a lot.

BTW: There are some really great screenshots in this monster thread - http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33716787&perpage=20&pagenumber=1

that is standard max payne fare.. you start off on the same difficulty... it auto adjusts and then you go from there...

damn this game looks too hot! the graphics are incredible, the sound with 6.1 surround its amazing! except for some minor glitches on the senter speaker...sounds low. oh well its just oo phat, i've been playin this game for like 4 hours and i'm almost beatin it, i'm on chapter 8 out of 12....short. And no there's no other difficulty level until you beat it on DETECTIVE (EASY). Frame rates are incredible at 1280x1024 @ 4xAA and 16x ANTPC. Radeon 9600Pro Athlon 3000 1GB RAM. I love my PC. aight i'ma go play some more, enjoy the game. ohh one more thing..YANKEES RULE!

sweet! i think i'm gonna have to upgrade my video card now i have a gforce 3 ti 200 think i will go with ati..

Well folks I just beat it. (If anyone cares) I thought that the body animation was a lot better in this one then in the first (when you shoot enemies). I liked that almost everything was interactive. As well as the mini T.V shows all through the game. Be sure to turn on the TV’s and pick up the phones so you don’t miss the little things they really make the game great. The dream sequences were pretty disturbing and that’s not a bad thing and really well done. Especially the one in Part 3, the fun house when you first go there is insane to. And oh the art in the game is nifty as well.
And if i knew how to attach pics to my message I would.

I do have to admit... The game is pretty easy. Great graphics, sound, and storyline was pretty good. And yeah, that center speaker was weak at times.

The dream scenes were great! Very trippy. The bullet time was fun. Although. I overlooked a few things while trying to escape the hospital. I had to do that over and over again until I realized where I had to go to get a gun to kill the 2 guys chasing me. Another great thing is when you shoot someone and they fall, it goes into bullet-time, and if you have to go back again, and you should that same person again, they can fall a different way. So it's very different as too the outcomes of some of the little plays. Also, you don't have to do EVERYTHING in the game. You can overlook those phones, or you can skip looking through the camera in the snipers room to see the explosion. Stuff like that.

I felt it was money well spent. It's graphics, storyline, interaction and sound made it worthwhile. Sure, the gameplay was easy overall. But I do think it got harder as it went along because the guys seemed to get harder. And yes. I did die quite a bit.

I know I loved the last one, except for no MP. So I know I'm going to get it!

did you know you can see mona sax nekid :cool:

Start game with "-developerkeys" ... this is added AFTER the .exe in the command line of the short cut (right click > properties)

resume or load orstart a game and use PAGE UP/DOWN to scroll through the models... there are a ton of them... remember that the better lighted the level the better you will see her :cool:

Press F3 to move the camera and again to set it... this will allow you to get some interesting looks @ her :)

To take screenshots add "-screenshot" and use F10

point of note... it must be VERY cold in new york :p

btw... there's nothing between her legs though I am sure someone can come up with a character modification..

this is all fyi and posted from stuff I seen round the web... I have tried it and it WORKS... please refrain from posting images here... also please do not ask me for screenshots or links or anything else.. get the game... do what the instructions state and there you go...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back