jumpy sound

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Andy, Jan 9, 2004.

1. Andy

Andy Meep.

im not entirely sure whats going with my onboard audio. for a while, it was making grinding noises over the top of whatever the output was (ie. songs etc) and after fixing my cpu (http://www.ntfs.org/forum/showthread.php?t=194) it seems to have stopped, but now the sound is jumpy, like a cd player skipping over and over and over.

any idea whats causing this? its onboard 5.1 surround, i have a spare audio card that im going to try, but i want to use the onboard audio. i reinstalled the motherboard AND audio drivers but that doesnt seem to have helped.

2. Andy

Andy Meep.

anyone?

3. forcer

forcer OSNN Senior Addict

how good is the sound card? my mates got an onboard card and its totally **** stuttering all the time but its actually the hardware.. if not try some different drivers.

i g2g out if u cant fix it al look into it more later

forcer

4. Andy

Andy Meep.

its a good motherboard, and it was working without jumping before.

5. Andy

Andy Meep.

seems to have stopped. i installed my other sound card, and now it doesnt jump, even though im not using my other sound card.

odd, but hurrah.

6. Black-Syth

Black-Syth Comalies

7. dreamliner77

dreamliner77 The Analog Kid

To to control panel> sound Properties and turn the hardware acceleration down

8. Andy

Andy Meep.

well, its back again. how do i turn it down?

9. Geffy

Geffy Moderator Folding Team

try going to the device manager and "removing" the sound card, then reboot, it should pick the drivers back up again, it might work better after that, its fixed a mates gfx and network card in the past

10. Andy

Andy Meep.

working.
    :)