July Desktops

• Thread starter BlackEyedAngel
  • Start date
I got bored so I tool a screen cap of my current desktop... not much different from my others but I said what the hell....
So here it is

[ Click Here ]

Originally posted by Alan

Yea, andy_rose I was running on 32-bit true colour, changed to
16-bit high colour but they still look a little jaggard around the edges.

Any ideas what this could be, I have a Geforce2MX/MX400 card
with all the latest drivers

Any help appreciated

Cheers
Alan

Did you, by any chance, change the shell icon BPP setting (tweak the max no. of colors to be shown for icons) in your registry? If you did, try setting it to a lower number like 16 or 24 and see if it helps.

How did u get ur start bar to span across both monitors?

on my setup it only spans across one? is there a hack for this????????

-Dcw

Originally posted by Dyle

Did you, by any chance, change the shell icon BPP setting (tweak the max no. of colors to be shown for icons) in your registry? If you did, try setting it to a lower number like 16 or 24 and see if it helps.

I done a tweak to increase my icon cache [one of dealers great tweaks]

But can't remember tweaking the shellicon BPP, where would I find it?

Thanks for the help
Cheers
Alan

this is for the guy who was having problem with his dent icons looking messed up....

right click on ur desktop and make sure u don't have "Lock Web Items on Desktop" selected...its under the "Arrange Icons by" menu

when i turn that on, i know it messes up my icons....

hope that helps...

oh ya..if any1 has a good wallpaper to go with the Silver Caution V2 theme...could they post it here..i need a good wallpaper for it....

Originally posted by [P§eüðøKe®]
I got bored so I tool a screen cap of my current desktop... not much different from my others but I said what the hell....
So here it is

[ Click Here ]

Whats that bar you have up top? At first I thought it was winbar, but unless im REALLY missing something, its not what is it? and is that a VWM in the top right of it?

Originally posted by J0sh

Whats that bar you have up top? At first I thought it was winbar, but unless im REALLY missing something, its not what is it? and is that a VWM in the top right of it?

The bar at the top is called Control Center from Stardock and yes it comes with VWM along with the ones I use in the taskbar.

ok go easy on me, my first desktop (that Im posting)
none of it is my stuff....it is all bits and pieces
tell me what ya think (i know it is kinda late)
it was a little big, sorry i had to zip it
i tried to get the windows simple in the start button to be the BMW symbol but i couldnt get anything small enough that still looked good so i left it

I done a tweak to increase my icon cache [one of dealers great tweaks]

But can't remember tweaking the shellicon BPP, where would I find it?

Thanks for the help
Cheers
Alan

You can find it at HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Control Panel>Desktop>Window Metrics. Mine is set at 24, try setting yours to either 24 or 16. I think you may have to restart the computer to see the effects but i'm not sure. If it doesn't work, set it back to value that was there before you changed it.

You can also try right clicking your desktop > properties. Under the Desktop tab, click "Customize Desktop", click on the "Web" tab and see if a web page is checked in the box. If one is, uncheck it and apply. I found that my desktop icons were messed up when i enabled html on my desktop when i was experimenting with madmatt's desktop.

Originally posted by tinymonkey
ok go easy on me, my first desktop (that Im posting)
none of it is my stuff....it is all bits and pieces
tell me what ya think (i know it is kinda late)
it was a little big, sorry i had to zip it
i tried to get the windows simple in the start button to be the BMW symbol but i couldnt get anything small enough that still looked good so i left it

Hey, nice desktop and cool wallpaper! :)

You can save the screenshot as a JPG next time so it won't be too big. that way, you won't have to zip it up :D

Goddam forgot to attach

Good job m8 :) by the way, if you unlock your desktop, those icons will become more transparent i fink.

P.S. Any1 ere' like or admire Veronika Zemonava (spelling bad!)?, my august desktop wp will include that lovelly! ;)

Originally posted by Dyle

You can find it at HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Control Panel>Desktop>Window Metrics. Mine is set at 24, try setting yours to either 24 or 16. I think you may have to restart the computer to see the effects but i'm not sure. If it doesn't work, set it back to value that was there before you changed it.

You can also try right clicking your desktop > properties. Under the Desktop tab, click "Customize Desktop", click on the "Web" tab and see if a web page is checked in the box. If one is, uncheck it and apply. I found that my desktop icons were messed up when i enabled html on my desktop when i was experimenting with madmatt's desktop.

Ok I tried all the suggestions, but they still look a little jaggared.
metric settings were 16 I changed them to 24 and rebooted.

Any more reasons why they are still jaggared?

stuy_b ....tried your suggetion as well. thanks

Any help appreciated

Cheers
Alan

Originally posted by jawshoouh
last one of the month...and yes, i know...the icons don't match :p

That is one sweet wallpaper you've got there. Care to enlighten me with the source of the good stuff?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back