jpg.sit files

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Punkychan, Jul 10, 2003.

1. Punkychan

Punkychan OSNN Addict

I've got some images sent to me through an e mail and its a .jpg.sit file.To open it directly with Photoshop is impossible which later it turn out can be opened using Stuffit go here :http://www.stuffit.com/win/expander/index.html
    I managed to open it and it is a.jpg format.But still, I can't open it with my Photoshop to convert it to a proper .jpeg format.It can only be edited by using MS Paint.Is there a way ??
    :mad:

2. sboulema

sboulema Moderator

could you please attach one of the jpg files so i can see on my own pc, how to open it...

3. Krux

Krux Nissan Powered

just open it with paint make it the actual size hit print screen then make a new picture in adobe and crop your original picture out of it.

4. Punkychan

Punkychan OSNN Addict

Yeah Krux..it got me running around....from jpg.sit open it Stuffit. then reformat to .bmp and then back to jpeg using Photoshop.Anyway, I got it opened that way now and
    sboulema , sorry I couldn't find a way to upload the file here..

5. Sparsely

Sparsely Guest

you can't just remove the .sit extension?

6. Punkychan

Punkychan OSNN Addict

you can't just remove the .sit extension?
    no !!

7. Geffy

Geffy Moderator Folding Team

8. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

sit is an archiving format (more commonly used on the apple mac rather than windows) so it's just like file.jpg.zip you'd need to un-archive it before viewing it.

As you say though, that hasn't worked, could you just ask the person who mailed you the files to either leave them un-archived or perhaps use Zip compression instead?

9. Sparsely

Sparsely Guest

:eek: sorry. :eek:

10. Punkychan

Punkychan OSNN Addict

Yeah...it's from a Mac...I've got it 'un.sit'...thanks for all te replies