JPG Image corruption in 2000/XP

D

DraK

This is an odd one!!

If I run 98 the PC runs perfectly, all images display properly, dvd's play perfectly, in other words it's 100's.

If I load 2000/XP JPG files seem to be corrupted and DVD's quality sucks! Games work pefectly though, even ran 3dmark 2001 for 5 hours with no problem or image corruption.

I've had the card swopped out already. I've reloaded from scratch numerous times.

My question is, does 2000/XP use differant instructions on an AMD processor to 98?

Any Ideas??

My question is, does 2000/XP use differant instructions on an AMD processor to 98?
I'm guessing it's more of a software (driver) issue then a hardware issue. What programs are you using to play your dvd's and view your pics?

Drivers are standard XP drivers for GF and 23.11. BOth do the same.

The images are corrupt in IE, desktop preview in display panel and if the image is on the desktop. I'm using PowerDVD 4 to watch the DVD's

Can you take a screen shot of an example an post it as an attachment? I'm not sure what you mean by corrupted.

You might want to switch to PowerDVD XP. I use this one and it works excellent. There's also an update for Windows media player so it will do dvds. I haven't tried this one myself so I don't know whether to recommend it or not.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back