Job Interview

Discussion in 'Green Room' started by mooo, Aug 19, 2005.

1. mooo

mooo thecyberninja

I have a job interview on monday morning for my first REAL place since i got my associates. The other places were kind of laid back, and dress was kind of laid back as well. I don't want to go into this place and look "unprofessional" or anything so i was wondering on what I should wear. Most of my clothes are kahki pants and polo kind of shirts, think that would be ok for an interview?

2. Yharn

Yharn meh.

if it is any kind of professional position get a suit.

3. mooo

mooo thecyberninja

its in the heart of the downtown atlanta(the new business district).

Here is what I applied to:

4. ThePatriot

ThePatriot -=[BOHICA!]=- Political User

Wear a suit or at least a shirt and tie, that way even if they do "business-casual" as their norm, you'll look like you're ready to take on a "professional" position.

5. jimi_81

jimi_81 Moderator Political User

id get a nice pair of dress pants (black suit pants), nice shoes (black leather, simple), and a dress shirt w/ a freakin sweet tie

6. Yharn

Yharn meh.

i've always been told to dress 1-2 notches higher than what the everyday dress would be.

Worked well for me I got the job I wanted and only had to go to 1 interview. I was called the next day and told I had the job.

7. mooo

mooo thecyberninja

any idea on a sweet tie? i have a cool xmas tie, but i can't wear it

8. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Electronica Addict Political User Folding Team

Just go down to your local mall there should be atleast a couple big name stores that carry dress clothes.

Your best bet would be to ask the people working at the stores, I'm sure they would probably want to help you pick out stuff.

9. mooo

mooo thecyberninja

Well, the crappy thing with me with clothes, i have never known what matching is, and i am color blind, so it makes no difference to me anyway :) When i go shopping i am done in less than 10minutes.. Looks like JcPenny here i come.

10. LeeJend

LeeJend Moderator

Black dress pants ($18 at walmart), a light blue or white shirt ($10-12) and a striped tie ($10) to match, if you do white shirt the tie can have some extra color in it. Oh yeah and a black belt with the black pants.

Ask a sales associate for help with colors, and make sure its not a punk kid with a stud in his tongue.

Khaki and polo are ok after you get hired as long as they come all the way up to you waist and they aren't baggy enough to shove a basketball into.

11. mooo

mooo thecyberninja

good call.. I guess its time i take out the stuff in my tongue too :p

12. lancer

lancer There is no answer! Political User Folding Team

Good luck with the new job, Just remember most of the people there are just like you.

So don't act stuff but be yourself (unless yourself is a bad idea haha).

But seriously, work hard play hard.