Job Interview...

OK, this thread has the best group of avatars and sigs ever...not to mention Electronic Punk's wacky "title".

How about that gum-chewing-bubble-blowing emoticon?

Wow! :D

pop.gif

lol
that is a good smilie
but you havent answered my question yet canadave

Wait, wait... ok. Now this thread has the best group of avatars and sigs. ;)

Originally posted by Geffy;

just what are you trying to say
---------------------------------------

You mean when I wrote;

"A piece of advice, however. When they ask for references, I probably wouldn't give names like;

muzikool,
Geffy,
SPeedY_B,

etc."

Hey, it was nothing about the character of these folks...just the wacky names. I'm sure you're a perfectly fine fellow, Geffy...

BTW, Evil Marge...quit showing off!

ok... all done the 2nd interview and it was ahhhh ok ?? I spent more time driving to the place than in the interview. 10 mins tops. They are going to let me know next week.
Wasnt a bad interview. Just ... well I dont know how to describe it.

Oh well... I guess we will find out next week.

PK if it is any consolation - most of the interviews I was successful with I came out of "not sure" - so I take your comments as a good sign and I certainly hope you get the job!

Well I got a rejection letter for the job I was up for... so much for that. Now to find another... I hope.

Thanks for all the positive encouragement. I do appreciate it. You ppl rule. Thanks.

Bummer.

My overly optimistic wife always said "Well, then it wasn't right" when I got a rejection for a job I was up for. Well, I finally got a job, and boy is it right. I'm having a great time. This was after 14 years with the same company, and I wanted out.

Sooo, PK, it may not seem like it, but it probably wasn't right.

woah... how could you not've gotten the job... so many people wished you good luck!

well i guess they should've wished harder! ;)

so should've i :eek:

Originally posted by PseudoKiller
Well I got a rejection letter for the job I was up for... so much for that. Now to find another... I hope.

Thanks for all the positive encouragement. I do appreciate it. You ppl rule. Thanks.

Don't feel too bad about it, I have 12 rejection letters sitting here, four of which I really wanted. You just have to trust that there was a reason you didn't get the job and it was in YOUR best interests that you didn't. Who knows. i am in the same boat as you, I am at the point that I REALLY need a job as my unemployment is just about gone. Next month is going to get very ........ interesting.

All I know is this damn job market SUCKS! I will keep an eye out for any net admin jobs posting I see and will send to ya, if it helps.

companies today are really strange when it comes to hiring, I aced two years of college physics while still in high school, had a 98% average in my electronics school in the Air Force, worked 4 years on F-16's doing advanced aviation electronics where my record was spotless and my repeat/recur rate was the lowest in my squadron, and when I got out I applied at a Sears for a job repairing tv's and vcr's and they turned me down because I didn't have working experience with the particular brands that they carried. :confused:

I'm sure you'll get something great soon though, sometimes the situation is reversed and the opportunity of a lifetime falls right in your lap :D

Awwwwwwww PK I'm sorry you didn't get the job :(
Hope you have better luck next time :cool:

Interviews for prospective jobs in the IT domain in my experience usually revolve around the following criteria: -

A) If your qualifications or knowledge are better than your prospective employers they will see you as a possible threat so don’t tell them. Say you have an A+ and MSCE and are willing to learn. These are almost impossible to verify quickly and they then won’t ask you what they think are impossibly hard technical questions like what does a “hub” do on its day off.
B) Are you a “boat rocker” if so they will detect this very quickly as will the “computer upstart” person who would like to introduce a whole raft of new (and expensive) ideas that no one in the employing company understands or has even heard of.
C) Questions about hobbies, how much alcohol do you consume, are you married, how many children do you have etc or do you have a criminal record are “profile” questions, answer them honestly as I once did not get a job with a large banking operation because I told them I did not drink and found out a few years later that they did not “trust” people who were squeaky clean and indeed preferred employees that met their own personal profile. Find out about the people whom are going to interview you, go and find out where they relax and observe. If they think you are one of them even if you know nothing you will get the job.

If you can convince them that you can be a valued member of their team without disturbing the status quo, you’re in.
:) :(

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back