JFK Reloaded

Well as has already been said we all have different opinions and all have a right to voice them.
Makes you wonder how far these games maker's will go though.Next you'll be able to recreate murder's in detail by serial killer's Ted Bundy,Denis Neilson etc :eek:

not specific is an important ingrediant in how the game is perceived

perris said:
...I don't think the game should be banned, but I think parents need to be parents.
EXCELLENT point! Period. I am consistently disgusted by the obvious and visible lack of parenting these days.

perris said:
this is where the line is crossed many times
I do believe the line is crossed way too many times...this game being a shining example. The Hitman series....well...see above. Although glorifying murder/assasination is disturbing at best imo, if you can separate fantasy from reality, i don't see a problem. The problem lies with those who cannot. Lack of basic social/moral skills...see above again. Wargames are a bit different. Although glorifying war is just as disturbing, it is not on such a personal level generally. It's one thing to be mowing down a bunch of computer generated, fictional commies...it's quite another to pretend to be Lee Harvey Oswald.

SPeedY_B said:
Mmmmm, over-reaction, lovely isn't it?

All the violence in video games and movies, all the killing, maiming and games that are created with the sole intend of killing others, all those acts of violence that can relate to real life... no one bats an eyelid. Yet create a game around a 'famous' assasination, and suddenly it's "sick", get over it.

I'm gonna have to aggree with this one.. While I feel it's distastefull but you have to look at this point.. For many years people have been recreating the this scene in real life..

I just watched a program on tv not too long ago about JFK and the "Magic Bullet" how they used gelitin molds with the exact mass, bone, and shape of JFK. This has been done repeadiatly and televisied and every one has no problem with it.. This "Game Recreation" is now a way the general public can do this..

Examples now: GTA depics a game where you pull someone out of a car shoot them or punch them, then steal the car and run from the police. Counterstrike, take a prone posisition with a sniper rifle, or grab a gun and start blowing people up. Also what about the "Neighbors from Hell" PC game.. A game made solely for a person to harm, kill and mame with bats, fists, guns and set people on fire.

People dont have a problem with this. You now make a game about a famous person and a nation tradigy that is almost unexplainable it's now the most horrible thing in the country.

Get over it.. The game isn't going any where. You dont like the game. Dont buy it..

With all that being said, it's a good way for some company to get some world-wide media coverage, as cheesy as it is.

It does not matter what the contents of the game is or what the game is about... Based on fiction or fact it happened and it's a part of history... I have a lot of respect for JFK and although none of us remember or where even born when this happend I do think it's somewhat sick...

PWN3D!
JFKReloadedPwn3d.jpg

I think the point of this game isn't for enjoyment (like GTA) but as a re-enactment to show you what it would be like to try and hit JFK from that angle. They are giving a reward because they feel nobody will be able to do it just as they feel Oswald was unable to do it. The fact that it was labeled a game instead of a re-enactment or proof of concept I think got the whole thing blown out of proportion.

The whole thing is going to be forgotten in mere months ... only remembered as something that didn't matter. Games that rely on their subject instead of their gameplay never make it anywhere but the bargain bin and I really doubt big retaillers like Wal-Mart would even think about carrying this on their shelves.

The idea might be in poor taste; but the way I look at it, if you don't like it, then don't buy it. I won't be buying it, so what do I care?

Melon

I think the biggest downfall of this is that it was labeled a "game" instead of a playable re-enactment or something. It's nothing more then a re-enactment that you would see on TV only you are giving a 1st person viewpoint and asked to try and pull of a shot thought to be impossible. You could replace JFK with anyone as he's only there for proper historical reasons to keep it all accurate.

Ultimately, with the technology, what is the difference between a playable re-enactment and a game?

Mmmmm, over-reaction, lovely isn't it? All the violence in video games and movies, all the killing, maiming and games that are created with the sole intend of killing others, all those acts of violence that can relate to real life... no one bats an eyelid. Yet create a game around a 'famous' assasination, and suddenly it's "sick", get over it.

i agree. imean look at GTA and its popularity.

Electronic Punk said:
Ultimately, with the technology, what is the difference between a playable re-enactment and a game?
With the label of "game" people thing it's suppose to be entertainment (almost like saying it's ok to some). A re-enactment on the other hand is suppose to be educational and in this case is suppose to help disprove the current 1 shooter theory.

Xie said:
and in this case is suppose to help disprove the current 1 shooter theory.
It this case suppose to make some cash out of thin air you mean.
I can't say its more sick then any other violent pointless game, but its the most poor taste I've seen ti'll now (even Postal has more class).

The software didn't make itself and it's also not going to pay out if someone can somehow pull off the objective of the re-enactment either.

There is a continual resurgence with the Kennedy conspiracy and they even have classes at Universities here in the US. I watched this and my thought was they left this thing unfinished, if it was suppose to be like a CSI type game investigation. It is ridiculous and they just won't leave the Kennedy assasination alone. Everyone knows it was a cover-up but its like the Roswell flying saucer crash in Nevada back in the 50's. And not to get off subject but didn't the UK government cover-up the Rendlesham incident or how was that ever concluded. Sorry to off subject.

napalmnthemorning said:
There is a continual resurgence with the Kennedy conspiracy and they even have classes at Universities here in the US. I watched this and my thought was they left this thing unfinished, if it was suppose to be like a CSI type game investigation. It is ridiculous and they just won't leave the Kennedy assasination alone. Everyone knows it was a cover-up but its like the Roswell flying saucer crash in Nevada back in the 50's. And not to get off subject but didn't the UK government cover-up the Rendlesham incident or how was that ever concluded. Sorry to off subject.
*off topic* You can add 9/11 to that list also. :rolleyes:

it's as simple as parents need to be parents and people need to use their minds. No Law is being broken when it comes to this game. This game is of total poor taste but we live in a free society and since nobody is hurt and no law is being broken so be it.

I say let people be as sick in the head and awful as they want as long as nobody is hurt.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back