JERKY GRAPHICS

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
OK, I bought a new monitor and guess what? Jerky is back.
This is really driving me crazy people, someone please help.
Now the one time when jerky disappeared on me was when I connected my computer to my tv with an s-video cable. So now I know it's not my monitor, it's not my monitor cable, it's not the monitor connection to the video card because I've tried 2 different video cards and I hooked it up directly to my mobo.
I'm freakin out over here.

Ok, either everyone is sick of looking at my post, or you are all just as stumped as me. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Also I scored over 11000 on 3d mark with my tv as a monitor compared to 9500 when I use my monitor

Just flashed my bios to most current version, still no luck

there's no way a monitor can hinder performance. i didn't think you were actually going to persue that.

but you've seemed to narrow the problem to your tv-out. try disconnecting the tv-out cable and restarting. also maybe search around and see if there is an option to disable regarding tv-out.

hehe, I needed a new monitor anyhow.... taurus, how could the problem be narrowed down to the tv out, the only time I did'nt experience any problems is when I used the tv out if anything I would think it is the vga connector on my video card, but I've tried 2 different cards

forgot about the 2nd card. good point.

i was thinking maybe the tv-out was being set as the primary display so performance on the secondary (vga) was suffering. but with a completely different card doing the same thing, i'm stumped.

well, when you play games on the tv, it's at a lower resolution like 800x600... and on your monitor you probly have it set higher... so maybe you're seeing the beef 'jerky' at higher resolutions? try playing/benchmarking at a lower resolution like 640x480 and see if it's smooth. if so, it might be an agp problem or something.

Nope, tried benchmarking at 640x480 and still no go. Someone mentioned maybe something magnetic (like speakers) or metal studs in the wall, being to close to the computer, as a long shot........but still no luck.

Ok, well it's been a busy month at work for me, but I did finally figure out the problem. 3 words....External Zip drive. Seems it was causing my memory to spike. Anyhow disconnected it and everything runs excellent, love my new system finally. So I guess my question is.....Is this normal or do I have a &%#$@'d up zip drive. No big deal I don't plan on using it anymore now. I just want something to back up my music on, which I think I'll get an external hard drive for.

Could have been just stupid drivers for the ZIP. The CPU was obviously buggerd by something.

I can't believe I didn't see this thread since I posted last time. I'm here almost every day... :confused:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back