Java Installs

N

Not Bman

Went to update Java because Filehippo said so lol

And I noticed I have these 3 in my Control Panel.

Is this normal, whats the deal?

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 156
It happens. I would just uninstall the older ones to help maintain stability/security.

I notice that also. It never takes out the old ones and just uses more resources. I hate Java.

Wow quick replies.

That is what I thought, I hate software that does this. And coming from a larger one, pretty annoying.

I also noticed one is 64 bit and the others are not. Do I need 64 bit and 32 bit installed, or can I just have 64 bit?

Wow quick replies.

That is what I thought, I hate software that does this. And coming from a larger one, pretty annoying.

I also noticed one is 64 bit and the others are not. Do I need 64 bit and 32 bit installed, or can I just have 64 bit?

The 64 bit alone should be fine. My guess is that the 64 bit version lagged behind on being released (it always does for some reason).

ah well, just do it by hand.

You do actually need to install both 32 bit and 64bit runtimes unfortunately.

And they wonder why the systems go to a crawl with Java installed.

I haven't been following Windows 8 but I hope they make it so there is no support for 32 bit applications. Then again, I doubt they would do that lol

Also, where do you guys get your Java downloads? I use Filehippo for everything, but they have the Runtime only. Is that the same as what is in my control panel? Stupid java lol

Also, sorta related question.

I have these 3 items in my CP as well. The last few driver updates from AMD/ATI I have done through Steam. I am wondering if any of these are needed, if they are normal, etc.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 129
I guess I've been lucky that I've been running for over a year without JRE installed.

Ok, I have an other problem.

When I look in the addons tab from mozilla, I see that I have heap loads of java versions but when I want to uninstall them from my CP, there are none installed...

I tryied reinstalling, but it still doesn't appear on my CP panel (so, I can never totally uninstall it, unless I physically delete all the files).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back