iTunes for Windows

wow, i Tunes kicks ass...now just hafta wait till they let Canadians buy songs...dammit

Edit: noticed something...does "Buy the Album" mean you actually buy the CD?

Another Edit: Radio Stations kick ass! 128k constant stream for FREE

Originally posted by SPeedY_B
Thanks for that Mr Obvious. Perhaps it looks like that BECAUSE IT IS ITUNES! moron.
So much animosity... you wanna tell us about this? :p

what is a better encode quality
192 mp3 or 128 aac
your thoughts.

hmm... not bad not bad. now I just gotta remind myself that this goes on my CC when I fill up the cart :p

wow iTunes rocks. this is so much better then winamp, its plays burns, encodes, you can even buy music holy crap its a "Swiss Army Jukebox" :)

well i hate to be the naysayer of the group, but there's nothing that really impresses me about it. infact, i think its bloated. i did a few benchamrks on my PC with it, and out of the 4 apps i tested, Itunes performed the worst. it takes up 50MB of RAM, whereas winamp takes up 20, mediaplayer 6.4 takes up 14, and BSplayer takes up 13. it also had the highest percent of cpu cycles used, averaging about 12% on my celeron 766. im not saying that itunes is bad, it isnt. its just not impressive in my view. the radio stations arent apples, they are streamcast stations. and they arent in AAC, they are in mp3. while i havnt tried burning with it yet, im positive its not as robust as nero. and it shouldnt be... its not burning software, its a media player... one that in my opinion, is bloated with too many features. its an atempt at a swiss army knife of the audio world, but the end result was a jack of all trades, master of none.

just my 2 cents.

i installing itune added two more services to my windows
-iPod Service
-GEARSecurity

anyway to get rid of this without uninstalling the program. I really wanna get rid of the ipod service. i dont even have an ipod, so its useless having it there.

The Ipod service can't be removed. It's built into iTunes. Sorry.

As for the new Windows version, I'm very impressed with it. It is nearly a complete port from OS X (some minor cosmetic differences). I can finally play my AAC files natively without 3ivx converters now. I was reading a post that asked which was better, 128 AAC or 192 MP3. Truthfully, the 192 MP3. While the AAC format is MPEG-4 encoded audio, the encoder used by iTunes is not that great. However, if we were to compare the basic encoders included with iTunes, the AAC is better.

One thing I wish that the Windows iTunes had was a Rendevous style type of connection to Mac versus the standard TCP/IP networking standard. Rendevous operates much faster. But other than that, I enjoy it. A friendly face on my Windows machines.

what format are the songs purchased from the store in?

aac or mp3?

Originally posted by wonderboy2005
well i hate to be the naysayer of the group, but there's nothing that really impresses me about it. infact, i think its bloated. i did a few benchamrks on my PC with it, and out of the 4 apps i tested, Itunes performed the worst. it takes up 50MB of RAM, whereas winamp takes up 20, mediaplayer 6.4 takes up 14, and BSplayer takes up 13. it also had the highest percent of cpu cycles used, averaging about 12% on my celeron 766. im not saying that itunes is bad, it isnt. its just not impressive in my view. the radio stations arent apples, they are streamcast stations. and they arent in AAC, they are in mp3. while i havnt tried burning with it yet, im positive its not as robust as nero. and it shouldnt be... its not burning software, its a media player... one that in my opinion, is bloated with too many features. its an atempt at a swiss army knife of the audio world, but the end result was a jack of all trades, master of none.

just my 2 cents.

I'm guessing you haven't used MusicMatch yet...and on faster CPU's this program takes up little resources. Lastly even through the radio stations aren't Apple's they are still available in a nice looking, easy to use, media player/burning/music store program which imo makes it better than listening to them on WinAmp

This program is leaps and bounds ahead of Winamp. But it's not a bare-bones media player. It's designed to do a lot of different things. So if your looking for a simple app that just plays music files, you might want to try something else.

And isn't it ironic that the same day iTunes is released, Winamp finally releases the beta version of Winamp 5?

... makes you wonder. ;)

The Ipod service can't be removed. It's built into iTunes.

yeap u cant removed it......but u can disable it :D

go to start,run, type services.msc hit enter. look for the ipod service and put in disable....u can do that with the gear service but u get and annoyed message whren u start itunes complaining about something CDRW related just leave that one automatic

OK OK hot thread here - can I just jump in to say something...

I've got the resource hog called MusicMatch because my step-daughter has the iPod I got her for graduation... now will she happily move over to iTunes? Should I tell her to check it out? I really do not want to get too involved myself - so try to put yourself into the mind set of a 17 year old that does not especially like her step-dad - but loves to use his pooter and abuse kazaa lite on it....

Know what I mean? Then speak up - I await with bated breath...

I'd say that for an iPod that you should get her to use iTunes...a helluva lot easier than MusicMatch

Yep, iPods were always intended to be used with iTunes really, and now you can, even on windows :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back