iTunes cannot burn CD in x64?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by mfarley, Aug 11, 2005.

1. mfarley

mfarley OSNN Senior Addict Folding Team

I cannot get the latest version of iTunes to burn a cd within x64. It tells me it cannot find a 'disk burner or software.'

This is a huge problem and if this is the case I'm going back to Pro. What a mess. Is anyone else having this trouble?

2. LordOfLA

LordOfLA Godlike!

the cd burning interface uses a 32bit driver. 32 bit drivers dont work on x64, use nero :)

3. clrader

clrader OSNN One Post Wonder

Did you ever have any success getting iTunes to burn cd's in Windows Pro x64? I have the same problem but there has to be a workaround, why can't it use Nero's ASPI drivers?

Any help would be appreciated this is the only spot on the internet I've heard people discuss this issue.

Thanks

4. pdk

pdk BRICKTOP

http://www.planetamd64.com/index.php?showtopic=15169

you can download the 64 bit Gear driver for Itunes at the above link. it's the 31st post I believe. You dont have to reinstall or uninstall itunes. You may have to register for download access. If you have the latest itunes and this driver you should have complete functionality.

It works.

NetRyder likes this.
  5. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

Very cool, pdk. I don't use iTunes myself, but I'm sure your post will be useful to quite a few people.
    Welcome to OSNN! :)

pdk likes this.
  6. pdk

pdk BRICKTOP

Thank you sir - I actually emailed them to get the driver this morning and had it within 6 hours. For some reason this is the only way to get the 64 bit driver.