iTunes cannot burn CD in x64?

mfarley

OSNN Senior Addict
I cannot get the latest version of iTunes to burn a cd within x64. It tells me it cannot find a 'disk burner or software.'

This is a huge problem and if this is the case I'm going back to Pro. What a mess. Is anyone else having this trouble?

the cd burning interface uses a 32bit driver. 32 bit drivers dont work on x64, use nero :)

Did you ever have any success getting iTunes to burn cd's in Windows Pro x64? I have the same problem but there has to be a workaround, why can't it use Nero's ASPI drivers?

Any help would be appreciated this is the only spot on the internet I've heard people discuss this issue.

Thanks

http://www.planetamd64.com/index.php?showtopic=15169

you can download the 64 bit Gear driver for Itunes at the above link. it's the 31st post I believe. You dont have to reinstall or uninstall itunes. You may have to register for download access. If you have the latest itunes and this driver you should have complete functionality.

It works.

Very cool, pdk. I don't use iTunes myself, but I'm sure your post will be useful to quite a few people.
Welcome to OSNN! :)

Thank you sir - I actually emailed them to get the driver this morning and had it within 6 hours. For some reason this is the only way to get the 64 bit driver.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back