iTunes 4.5 upgrade problem

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political Access
I downloaded and installed the new update last night... from 4.2 to 4.5. The installation completed with no problems, but when I load iTunes, I get the following message from the "iTunes Setup Assistant."

Warning!

iTunes drivers for importing and burning CDs and DVDs cannot be found. Please reinstall iTunes or restart your system.

I've done both reinstalling and rebooting but I still get the same message. When I get out of the message iTunes loads up to v4.2, which I think is strange since the installer removed that version first. I'm about to uninstall 4.2 altogether and try a fresh install of 4.5, but I'd rather not do that just because I'll have to redo my music library. I've made no changes otherwise as far as I know... this should be a simple upgrade.

why not just uninstall to begin with, usually upgrade is a bad idea. uninstall and then do full 4.5 setup and you should be fine.

Why? Because I don't want to lose my library like I already said. The installer is made to remove the necessary components of the older version and install the newer version leaving personlized settings intact. Plus, doing that is the easy way -- it's like saying just reformat if things aren't working correctly. Basically the only thing I won't upgrade is an operating system. In this case, I'm looking for the reason why I'm getting this message.

I wouldn't reformat as that will cause more trouble then you need. Make sure your quicktime version updated (have read some people for some reason didn't have there copy update w/ iTunes 4.5). And installing new over old should work fine .. did it this morning w/out a problem yet. :)

Hmm. I installed a new MPEG4 codec for WMP because I was having video troubles, and now iTunes 4.5 is working fine. Very strange, but at least it works!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back