its been 5 min into doom 3 and i already have probs

apu95

Caffeine-->Code Converter
i just got doom 3, curtesy of a friend that works at a local cdn EB games.
ive been into the game only 5 min and its giving problems already. i can only play for a short while, like 5 to 10 min, max, and then it freezes and stays like that. only restarting my pc with the power btn gets it out. im not sure on what to blame it on tho. im gonna update my cats and my audigy drivers to see...
i have overdrive enabled on my 9600xt, along with vpu recover, if its any help...

any ideas are welcome :)

thanks in advance,
Apu

Sharpening_beneath said:
oh..im stupid..
everyone makes mistakes :p

ok, i fixed it. im not sure whether to blame it on the creative drivers or ATI's. i updated both (creative posted an update which is dated july 29 2004) and the cats, which so far are at 4.7 in ati's official site.
im running it without Overdrive enabled, and its running nicely, no crashes so far (just got out of an hour and a half of gaming), although i cant run it at a good res...gonna have to wait for my A64 for that, heh heh.
im gonna try to see if the overdrive will cause it to crash again and ill post the results

Apu

Apparently the 3.9 Catalysts will introduce Doom3 support.
Funny way of terming it, makes it sound like pixel shader or something, but that is what ATI have said.

3.9's should be out in the middle of September. Good ol' ATI.

Electronic Punk said:
Apparently the 3.9 Catalysts will introduce Doom3 support.
Funny way of terming it, makes it sound like pixel shader or something, but that is what ATI have said.

3.9's should be out in the middle of September. Good ol' ATI.
Catalyst 3.9 ? You mean 4.9 ? ;)

TittleBitties said:
I wouldn't admit it if you did as that would be highly illegal copy and FBI will be at your door :)

i was just playin i dont really have it...i dont even play pc games anymore. One reason is cause i wouldnt be able to support the new games from the past 2 years. another is i just dont feel like playin them anymore...i use to play nascar 2003 season with my steering wheel and play the sims alot but now they r boring. I even got the newest tomb radier and tom clancys raven shield for free and they r just sitting here not bein played.

Tittle.... i highly doubt that those pre alpha "beta" versions would count as anything near having half-life 2.

well it seems when i have surround sound support on that the sound stops after 3 mins and i have to restart the game for sound to come back then it does it again. I have a augidy 2 with all the updated drivers....can anyone help me?

Runs fine on my system. Sounds good, looks good, plays good.

High Quality, Frame Sync, 1024x768

Asus A7N8X Deluxe
Athlon XP 2100+
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128mb
768mb PC2100 RAM

I havn't tested the FPS yet but its solid and smooth, I had 2xAA on earlier but it became a bit choppy in big fire fights. Very scarry, it was a great releif going for a break.

Screenshot

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back