issues with norton ghost 2003

Ok im using norton ghost 2003 using the copy my hardrive (adavanced) option. I have my computer hooked up to Comp A Hardrive with a external drive bay and Blank HArdrive B hookd up to a external hardrive.

It keeps failing out saying that it cant complete copying A==>B

Im up in windows when im doing this transfer.

any ideas?

is it failing becuase it cant read sectors on the one harddrive? I have seen it fail when it cant fully read one harddrive because of bad sectors. Does it give you any error message besides it cant complete.

I believe there is a switch you can use, and I think it is -FRO, which will force to copy and skip bad blocks if applicable. I can verify later but I dont' have the documents infront of me.

I believe there is a switch you can use, and I think it is -FRO, which will force to copy and skip bad blocks if applicable. I can verify later but I dont' have the documents infront of me.

I believe there is 3 switches in total that you need to check to make sure it copys even with errors. I could be wrong, this is from memory.

ok question the drive a im copying ios the c: primary drive for a machine when i copy it using this method it should provide a cloned bootable drive right?

yes however i think you need to boot into ghost and not go through via windows. I did it once thru windows and the registry got messed on teh closed drive because of a drive letter conflict. When i plugged it in USB windows gave it a D drive. Ghost cloned it as C. So somethings got screwed. I always boot into ghost and do a disk to disk. IMO that is the way to go.

I would disagree but I guess I can't entirely say that since I haven't done it :D

Disk to Disk is still Disk to Disk - being that they are both external drives and neither physical device is locked, it should still produce a bootable disc in theory. Try it and see what happens, but I don't see any problems coming of it.

Also, I could be wrong about the -FRO, as I said it was from memory :lick:

The Ghost 2003 disk is bootable and I don't even install the program on Windows as there is no real need to. You can access all the tools on the CD by just booting from it.

Boot from the Ghost 2003 CD and when you get to the A: prompt type in:

C:\support\ghost

I would assume he did it all from Windows and had the drives external for a multi-tasking type benefit.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back