.ISO troubles

N

Nebulus

Hi folks,

I got some problems, for a customer that has a large network of 25 systems all of which are running Win XP Pro, The customer wants an ISO of the WINXP cd mounted so it can be accessed over the network but one little problem curtain files from the ISO once it's mounted (using nero image file) are not able to be copied. Seems once directory ASMS is the only one in which this happens.

The reason for the ISO mounting is that all orginals of their software are kept off site. Anyone got any ideas why this is happening... i cant even copy the cd to have it sitting in there servers CD-ROM drive.

I'm not exactly sure why you'd want to mount an iso. Just copy the CD and point the workstations toward it. The CD doesn't have to be present for "building driver databases" and such, only the i386 directory does. I installed XP after i copied everything onto my harddrive... my installtion path is now directed toward it.

I'm just trying to do what the customer wants... his staff also like reinstall their computers, or so i'm told.

Your customer is under the misconception that he or she has to have the physical CD present to perform an installation, this isn't the case. When they want to install XP from their workstations, just tell them to run the winnt32.exe (windows install) or the winnt.exe (dos install) file in the i386 folder, or create an easy to get to batch file for them.

maybe this is what u are looking for??

VCD: Map your ISO file as CD Drive!!
This tool is posted on Microsoft WinBeta Site for it's members.
With this tool you can map an ISO file as a CD-rom drive in your explorer you can browse and copy files from it.
So you won't have to extract your ISO file before you can use it, safe space!

Get it!!

ftp://upc.bink.nu/vcd.zip

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back