iso burning

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Lithium, Feb 26, 2003.

1. Lithium

Lithium Guest

ok im trying to burn a iso image using nero and ive wasted 2 cd's trying so anyone know a better program other than nero, cdrwin, and clonecd im stumped

2. Nick M

Nick M Moderator

Obviously you're doing something wrong, or the drive, I doubt it is nero.

3. Lithium

Lithium Guest

well ive tryed the wizard and just picking cd/iso so im a lil lost im using nero 5.5

4. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon The One and Only

hmm... first question. what bit of software is the ISO supposed to be?

5. jroc

jroc Guest

You want to explain better....are you getting an error..buffer underrun?? or what.....dont know how to load a .iso....tell us more...maybe your media is poor....cdrwin is the easist of any software for buring .iso's....nero is a bit tricky..and you dont use the wizard...you go to the top..and choose File...Image...then browse to the .iso.

How to burn ISO with Nero
    http://colalug.org/ml-archive/0207/msg00020.html

6. Lithium

Lithium Guest

theres no error i just either get the iso file on the cd or a blank one but ill try that page you gave me and get back to ya

7. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon The One and Only

Lithium, what is the ISO supposed to be?

8. toxicity

toxicity Guest

easy cd creator 5 can do it. also, try burning at lower speeds

9. Nick M

Nick M Moderator

so can WinISO.

10. Burpster

Burpster Guest

depends on what the ISO was may with ...take nick's advice and extract the files with Isobuster(winiso) then burn the files with NERO

11. Polypeptide

Polypeptide Guest

Select file, and then select burn from image. There. Done. CHances are if you downloaded the iso from a p2p program you'll have to change the extension from .iso.exe to .iso

Of course it could also be zipped, but we'll need some more info before we can continue helping.

12. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

If it's a linux ISO or something similar, and the CD needs to be bootable, extracting the ISO before burning it isn't a good idea. You will lose the boot information, and the CD won't be bootable.

13. Lithium

Lithium Guest

hey i got it just used winiso to get it then used nero to burn for some reason it just was giving me blank cd's oh well i got it thanks for the help

14. Nick M

Nick M Moderator

You probably were using the create ISO fuction, it was making once somewhere, rather the burning it.

15. jroc

jroc Guest

na..it sounds like he was just transferring the .iso like a file and not burning the contents..if he reads the link i posted...he will get it...