is wal-mart internet service ok?

V

vadislav

it cost's $10 monthly. unlimited service. what do you think of it?

thank's

my guess would be that if its a wal-mart product it will be decent..... 10$ a month isnt very much so how can you lose :)

wow Wal*Mart does internet? i didn't know that

anyway, i guess it's worth a shot, sounds good, but ill stick with my cable :D

Check the fine print. Unlimited might mean "go over x amount of megabytes or x amount of time" & you pay more. It is still unlimited but get your wallet out.

can you put up a link to the advertisment? Is it boardband or dialup?

also u could try the juno/netzero premieum thingy. it's $10 also i think, and unlimited

Take a look at BigZoo also. I use them for a calling card instead of having long distance at home, awesome prices. Co-workder uses the internet service (dial-up) and doesn't have any complaints.

Wal-Mart doing dial up?? I think they might be reselling services. Damn I hate their stores... Wal-Mart where white trash goes to shop ...Its a joke ppl get over yourself :D

KMart used to as well, not sure if they still do

Originally posted by 93tbirdsc
can you put up a link to the advertisment? Is it boardband or dialup?
it's dailup. www.wal-mart.com. sorry it's not a link. i don't remember how to do a link. kmart has the same deal. you can download kmart over the net in 19 minute's.

I've always found it funny that all of these dial up services always give you a link to download their product. Well, if I needed your service, how the hell am I supposed to download it???

why would you have to d/l anything??? all you need is a username... password... and phone to dail into ...or at least thats how i used to do it many years ago

**fondly remembers old 33.6 Sportster**

According to Wal-mart:

For just $9.94 a month, you get:

• 700 hours FREE for a month
• Unlimited Internet access and email
• Fast dial-up connections
• Easy, 3-step instructions
• Family-friendly controls
• Instant messaging

Here is the fine print:

Local access is not available everywhere. Availability may be limited, especially during peak times. UP TO 700 HOURS OF TRIAL TIME MUST BE USED WITHIN ONE MONTH OF INITIAL SIGN-ON. TO AVOID BEING CHARGED A MONTHLY FEE, SIMPLY CANCEL BEFORE TRIAL PERIOD ENDS BY CALLING 1-888-855-0942. Premium services carry surcharges, and communication surcharges may apply, including in Alaska, even during trial time. Members may incur telephone charges on their phone bill, depending on their location and calling plan, even during trial time. Available to new members in the United States, age 18 and older; a major credit card or checking account is required. In most areas, 56K is available. Actual connection speeds may vary. Wal-Mart Connect is a service mark of Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. Windows and Internet Explorer are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corp. Other names are trademark or service marks of their respective holders. © 2001 America Online, Inc., and Wal-Mart.com, Inc. All rights reserved.

UP TO 700 HOURS OF TRIAL TIME MUST BE USED WITHIN ONE MONTH OF INITIAL SIGN-ON. TO AVOID BEING CHARGED A MONTHLY FEE, SIMPLY CANCEL BEFORE TRIAL PERIOD ENDS BY CALLING 1-888-855-0942.

If I read this right you must use 700 hours in one month not to be charged extra fees 700 hours = 29.166666666666666666666666666667 days that you would have to leave your computer hooked to the net.

Someone correct me if I am reading this wrong?

Originally posted by Burpster
my guess would be that if its a wal-mart product it will be decent..... 10$ a month isnt very much so how can you lose :)

Wal-Mart products decent??? WTF ARE YOU STONED?? Wal-mart sucks!!

I work for a major ISP and everytime a customer switches to us and tells us they had wal-mart internet we usually have to restore half the damn settings!!!!

Stay AWAY!!!!!! Why would you trust a discount stores ability to make a reliable and working internet service.. stop and think about it.

Originally posted by 93tbirdsc
If I read this right you must use 700 hours in one month not to be charged extra fees 700 hours = 29.166666666666666666666666666667 days that you would have to leave your computer hooked to the net.

Someone correct me if I am reading this wrong?

You ARE reading it wrong. It is referring to the free trial. It's just like AOLs, except with less hours. You can try it for free for up to 700 hours in one month. If you go over the 700 hours in the month, then you will be charged for that month. At least that's how I understood it.

Originally posted by Prez
Wal-Mart products decent??? WTF ARE YOU STONED?? Wal-mart sucks!!

I work for a major ISP and everytime a customer switches to us and tells us they had wal-mart internet we usually have to restore half the damn settings!!!!

Stay AWAY!!!!!! Why would you trust a discount stores ability to make a reliable and working internet service.. stop and think about it.
how about k-mart. my telephone man said it was better than AOL?

thanx

sorry no drugs here.. just a little rum :)

we're talking 700 hours to try it out and "10" dollars a month after that ...if it blows cancel it....lmao

Originally posted by Eck
You ARE reading it wrong. It is referring to the free trial. It's just like AOLs, except with less hours. You can try it for free for up to 700 hours in one month. If you go over the 700 hours in the month, then you will be charged for that month. At least that's how I understood it.

Thanks that makes more sense

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back