is wal-mart internet service ok?

Discussion in 'Green Room' started by vadislav, Dec 3, 2002.

1. vadislav

vadislav Guest

it cost's $10 monthly. unlimited service. what do you think of it?

thank's

2. Burpster

Burpster Guest

my guess would be that if its a wal-mart product it will be decent..... 10$ a month isnt very much so how can you lose :)

3. LilBlueDawg

LilBlueDawg Guest

wow Wal*Mart does internet? i didn't know that

anyway, i guess it's worth a shot, sounds good, but ill stick with my cable :D

4. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Check the fine print. Unlimited might mean "go over x amount of megabytes or x amount of time" & you pay more. It is still unlimited but get your wallet out.

5. 93tbirdsc

93tbirdsc Guest

can you put up a link to the advertisment? Is it boardband or dialup?

6. LilBlueDawg

LilBlueDawg Guest

also u could try the juno/netzero premieum thingy. it's $10 also i think, and unlimited

7. Jewelzz

Jewelzz OSNN Godlike Veteran

Take a look at BigZoo also. I use them for a calling card instead of having long distance at home, awesome prices. Co-workder uses the internet service (dial-up) and doesn't have any complaints.

8. PseudoKiller

PseudoKiller Zug Zug

Wal-Mart doing dial up?? I think they might be reselling services. Damn I hate their stores... Wal-Mart where white trash goes to shop ...Its a joke ppl get over yourself :D

9. Jewelzz

Jewelzz OSNN Godlike Veteran

KMart used to as well, not sure if they still do

10. vadislav

vadislav Guest

it's dailup. www.wal-mart.com. sorry it's not a link. i don't remember how to do a link. kmart has the same deal. you can download kmart over the net in 19 minute's.

11. dreamliner77

dreamliner77 The Analog Kid

I've always found it funny that all of these dial up services always give you a link to download their product. Well, if I needed your service, how the hell am I supposed to download it???

12. Burpster

Burpster Guest

why would you have to d/l anything??? all you need is a username... password... and phone to dail into ...or at least thats how i used to do it many years ago

**fondly remembers old 33.6 Sportster**

13. cybrjam

cybrjam Guest

According to Wal-mart:

For just $9.94 a month, you get:

• 700 hours FREE for a month
    • Unlimited Internet access and email
    • Fast dial-up connections
    • Easy, 3-step instructions
    • Family-friendly controls
    • Instant messaging

Here is the fine print:

Local access is not available everywhere. Availability may be limited, especially during peak times. UP TO 700 HOURS OF TRIAL TIME MUST BE USED WITHIN ONE MONTH OF INITIAL SIGN-ON. TO AVOID BEING CHARGED A MONTHLY FEE, SIMPLY CANCEL BEFORE TRIAL PERIOD ENDS BY CALLING 1-888-855-0942. Premium services carry surcharges, and communication surcharges may apply, including in Alaska, even during trial time. Members may incur telephone charges on their phone bill, depending on their location and calling plan, even during trial time. Available to new members in the United States, age 18 and older; a major credit card or checking account is required. In most areas, 56K is available. Actual connection speeds may vary. Wal-Mart Connect is a service mark of Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. Windows and Internet Explorer are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corp. Other names are trademark or service marks of their respective holders. © 2001 America Online, Inc., and Wal-Mart.com, Inc. All rights reserved.

14. cybrjam

cybrjam Guest

15. 93tbirdsc

93tbirdsc Guest

If I read this right you must use 700 hours in one month not to be charged extra fees 700 hours = 29.166666666666666666666666666667 days that you would have to leave your computer hooked to the net.

Someone correct me if I am reading this wrong?

16. Prez

Prez Guest

Wal-Mart products decent??? WTF ARE YOU STONED?? Wal-mart sucks!!

I work for a major ISP and everytime a customer switches to us and tells us they had wal-mart internet we usually have to restore half the damn settings!!!!

Stay AWAY!!!!!! Why would you trust a discount stores ability to make a reliable and working internet service.. stop and think about it.

17. Eck

Eck .user

You ARE reading it wrong. It is referring to the free trial. It's just like AOLs, except with less hours. You can try it for free for up to 700 hours in one month. If you go over the 700 hours in the month, then you will be charged for that month. At least that's how I understood it.

18. vadislav

vadislav Guest

how about k-mart. my telephone man said it was better than AOL?

thanx

19. Burpster

Burpster Guest

sorry no drugs here.. just a little rum :)

we're talking 700 hours to try it out and "10" dollars a month after that ...if it blows cancel it....lmao

20. 93tbirdsc

93tbirdsc Guest

Thanks that makes more sense