Is this true?

Fwiw, they do NOT speak latin in Latin America.

:smoker:

You don't know everything - it is not a continent but it is there:

central_america_map.gif

http://www.centralamerica.com/

Ehm, so you try to prove your point by linking to a tourist website?

Well, a lot of people have already said it, but...

1) North America is the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Greenland, and all Central American countries. Half of Iceland is also on the North American continental shelf.

2) I'm sorry, but I think that getting all worked up over referring colloquially to the U.S. as "America" is ridiculous. Frankly, if you're looking for trouble, referring to the U.S. as "The States," as Canada often does, can be equally interpreted as a slight against Mexico, as it is officially called the "United Mexican States." Considering the names of the countries, it is easiest to call them Canadians, Mexicans, and Americans. And all three are part of the North American continent.

Well, a lot of people have already said it, but...

1) North America is the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Greenland, and all Central American countries. Half of Iceland is also on the North American continental shelf.

2) I'm sorry, but I think that getting all worked up over referring colloquially to the U.S. as "America" is ridiculous. Frankly, if you're looking for trouble, referring to the U.S. as "The States," as Canada often does, can be equally interpreted as a slight against Mexico, as it is officially called the "United Mexican States." Considering the names of the countries, it is easiest to call them Canadians, Mexicans, and Americans. And all three are part of the North American continent.

The only reason I was not pleased was because of the

Johnny said:
Oh, and one more thing - That first speed is from Canada, not the USA

After the link said: Japanese Internet vs. North American Internet.

Thereby implying that Canada was somehow not north America, which is just plain ignorant.

The only reason I was not pleased was because of the

After the link said: Japanese Internet vs. North American Internet.

Thereby implying that Canada was somehow not north America, which is just plain ignorant.

where in what I said have anything that is saying that canada is not part of north america? you are coming to your own conclusions, obviously.

After the first flamepost (complete with namecalling!), this thread got derailed in a hurry.

Anyway, I came to discuss the OP.

In Korea, you can get 50/50 for 30k won a month ($21.61 USD), or as low as 25,500 won with 3 year contract.

The U.S. was once a leader, now it's way behind.

thing to take in to account is the "average" tech worker salary in Korea. That might make the broadband cheaper or more expensive in reality.

My interpretation of what Johnny said was that that speed test was done in Canada, which is only one of the three major countries that make up 'North America'. One of the other two might and probably do have completely different speed results. Not to mention North America is literally about 66x times the size of Japan, so those results are not exactly comparing apples to apple.

Has nothing to do with any perceived American self centeredness, which is the impression I'm getting that you feel X.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back