Is this the Vid Card?

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Sinster, Apr 12, 2003.

1. Sinster

Sinster Moderator

I have noticed that my screen flickers. Goes Brighter then Darker. Each time I open program.

Also if I mess with gamma in the games it changes "Black" into Bright colors like red, yellow, and blue. It happened in PlanetSide and Ghost Recon

if I do a screenshot or printscreen it comes out normal. Or could it be a driver issue?
  2. Glaanieboy

Glaanieboy Moderator

The Netherlands
    This could be either your vid-card or a driver issue.
    If you use a nVidia based videocard, delete (=uninstall) your videocard in the Device Manager and then restart your computer. Boot into Safe Mode and log in as Administrator (when using Windows XP or 2000) or login normally (Windows 9x, ME). Use Vidia File Remover (warning: direct link) to remove all traces of nVidia files. After the program completed, restart your computer again and after it's rebooted, click cancel in each screen where Windows asks you want to install a new driver for you videocard. Install nVidia Detonators 41.09 instead, those are maybe old drivers, but they are stable and work 99 out of 100 times. Restart your computer again, and it should work!