is this scary to you? can-o-chile

i saw this at a store for a dollar... i had to buy it just for the lovely visual aperance. im so scared of eating it lol

Last edited:
That's one 'O them generic Government cans. Ya never know what yer gonna get in them.
tongue.gif

We get something like that over here...Tesco 'value' springs into mind, or kwik-save 'no frills,' although I don't think they're as plain as that :D

Thats nothing new,you can buy plain labeled stuff over for years now.I buy mine from Morrisons,it's cheaper :D

I can't eat the cheaper brands of beans,its gotta be Heinz :eek:

I work at a supermarket (not going to say where just in case :p) and at our AGM beginning of this year we were told that our beans ARE Heinz beans under different packaging :p

Beans, beans, good for the heart, the more you eat, the more you fart...The more you fart the better you feel....... That's why I eat them at every meal.

God bless the person that invented baked beans. Shame I can't sell my Methane.

Unleashed said:
I work at a supermarket (not going to say where just in case :p) and at our AGM beginning of this year we were told that our beans ARE Heinz beans under different packaging :p
Oh you gotta tell me what the brand is ,please please :D

all own brand beans are made by the same people in the same factories that make big labels, it's the same with all products ;) they just have small differences

Corrected a supermarket.

Henyman said:
all own brand beans are made by the same people in the same factories that make big labels, it's the same with all products ;) they just have small differences

I dun think so heny dude.

Heinz are inferior to HP.

HP.
Lidyl.
Tesco.
Safeway.
Nisa.
Heinz.
Tesco Savers.
Sainsbury.
Waitrose.
Marks n Spencers.
ASDA.
Sainsbury Savers.
IceLand.
Somerfield.
Yukky Kwik Save, value beans.

Them I have tried, off the top of my head Harricot beans (which makes the bean part) can be irrelevant unless picked at the right time of year.
The key is a well groomed sauce with the right tomato, the correct Harricot beans, picked in season. They must be a light brown without eyes.

Bean making is an artform, HP have perfected this.

Price in some peoples mind is of course what supermarkets go for. Once you would get a tin of Safeway beans for -1p, that is for all you picked up, max 20 you would receive the money off, of your bill. The trading standards where not happy about this, as other supermarkets followed suit. We didn't want a bean war they stated.

Bean prices for supermarket beans are excellent if you looked at it in terms of an investment, buy low sell high.

They in the past 12 years for a typical blue stripe/red stripe, which refers to it being a savers, has gone from -1p upto 12p steadily rising to 19p in some cases.

They tried it for spaghetti hoops (which I hate the taste of) through value tomatoes (plum) chopped a couple of pence more.

It all in my eyes boils down to, amount, tin size, taste and fart appeal.

If I get a late snack after a hard days graft (as I skipped lunch, dinner and tea) I have 4 slices of crusty toasted door step bread, with margarine spreaded generously, smoothered in 3/4 of a tin of cold HP beans. I do enjoy my toast soldiered. I then get the double to myself as my girl cannot stand the smell that leaves my elementry canal.

I will conclude my views with, if you want quality then pay a little bit more. If you want uncooked ill prepared beans then buy those sheeet savers.

Just discussed this with my girl and she tells me Heinz add less colourants, addatives, salt, sugar and emulsifiers, thus is why they are different in taste and colour.

Maybe they put Cocaine in HP that is why they appeal so much (I am not a drug user BTW).

Wow...I can't believe there's so much more into buying a can of baked beans. Usually I just go and buy the cheapest brand I can find :)

if it's free, i'll usually take it no questions asked. but maybe 'cause i'm just a poor college student.

When I was living with my parents my mam used to buy cheap tins of beans and hide them then she would open them and pour them into a Heinz Beans can that she'd kept.
She thought that I wouldn't know but everytime without fail I'd know when they weren't Heinz,in the end she stopped trying to con me cause it ended up costing her more cause the beans would just end up in the bin :D

i just opened it. god it was scary. but the stray cats seem to like it lol.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back