J

jason2slow

Asus Motherboard for AMD Athlon/XP/Duron Processors, Model# A7N8X Retail

is this a good mobo?

edit : heres specs
Chipset: NVIDIA nForce2 Ultra SPP
FSB: 400/333/266/200MHz
IDE: 2x channel ATA133
RAM: 3x 184-pin DIMM Sockets(PC3200/PC2700/PC2100/PC1600 non-ECC DDR Ram)
Slots: 1x AGP (Pro/8X), 5x PCI
Ports: 2xPS2, 4xUSB, 1xCOM,1xLPT, and Audio Ports
Onboard Audio:Realtek® ALC650 6CH
Onboard LAN: MCP integrated NVIDIA® MAC + Realtek® 8201BL PHY

and will ddr266 work with this?

I don't know anything about the mobo in terms of features and stuff, but I've noticed quite a lot of people recommending it. However, I've also noticed a lot of people complaining about having problems with the mobo too.

You'll have to decide whether you want to take the risk, and hope that you won't experience any problems with it.

Personally, I prefer Gigabyte mobos because they are rich in features and have not had any problems with the 3 that I've been through.

There are several versions of the A7N8X.

A7N8X This one is older chipset and only 333 FSB
A7N8X-X Low cost version of the Deluxe, different chipset
A7N8X Deluxe Top of the line

A friend just got the -X version and he could not run his gainward GE4-4800 with it. No video output at all. An old GE2 and a new 9600 PRO worked fine. We have no idea why. Gainward overclcoked the vid card at the factory and that may be the reason, but thats just a guess. This is the only documented, unresolved problem I've seen with the A7N8X.

On the up side the guy bought the 9600 PRO and is very happy with his new system... Just don't tell his wife about the new vid card.

The ABIT NF7-S is getting a lot of good reviews from users lately.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back