Is this an attack? how to fix?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by leedogg, Aug 11, 2003.

1. leedogg

leedogg Gojyone kawaiiiiiiii!

I have cable and I think something is screwy with my net connection, my ping sometimes goes all to hell. I'm using the latest version of kpf and under the security logs I get the following "attack" logged every second. Description: "RPC rpc.xfsmd xfs_export attempt UDP" The remote address is different for each attack and the Reference URL is http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/5075

/edit oh forgot the attack class is: rpc-portmap-decode

Go to that reference url provided some information about the "attack" but I'm still confused as to what exactly it is and how to fix it..or even if its a real attack...

Is there something I can do to fix this or is this just random noise? it looks like this exploit is for unix boxes?

2. Geffy

Geffy Moderator Folding Team

*goes to find Enyo

3. leedogg

Hmm I think I know the culprit...I'm suspecting I installed a malware/trojan of some sort that was initiating this behavior...its called iOO Trace IT and has me very suspicious..

4. leedogg

hmmm maybe it wasnt that application after all...these attacks only seemed to crop up after I installed the rc1 of kpf....reverting to b7 gets rid of them...

5. Geffy

maybe a bug maybe b7 doesnt catch them

*still lookin for Enyo

6. Geffy

knew he would get here sometime :p

7. MdSalih

MdSalih The Boss