Is there an anti-virus that stops the virus until I run a scan?

Son Goku said:
People can spoof email addresses. I've gotten spam before, that is supposedly from myself.
Very true as most modern worms/virus's contain there own email code :(

Also welcome to the forum Son Goku. :D

Xie said:
Very true as most modern worms/virus's contain there own email code :(

Also welcome to the forum Son Goku. :D

Thanks

Yeah, I started checking suspiscious email in this way since I got a uni email account sometime back, and well they had things on their AIX servers then. Many ISPs I signed up with since moving from campus also allow a shell account or something people can use.

If one's ISP doesn't provide this, there are programs one can use locally

http://www.washington.edu/pine/

Alternatively, one might be able to alter their news reader to force it to display an email as plain text (when looking at a suspiscious email) and back again after. Haven't tried this method though. I've had a hand full of emails with suspiscious looking subject line and unknown sender, turn out to be legitimate.

TittleBitties said:
hey...i keep getting a message from the virus scanner program from microsoft and i had like over 300 files with the jeefo.a virus and the rbot.s worm. After i get ride of all of it my computer was acting weird like it said my explorer was using like 300,000k for mem usage and eveyrthing else was like 200-600k. Then it wouldnt let me open programs cause the pf was too high. I looked at the pf and it was 1gb and i keep watchin it and it finally stopped at 1.92gb. Now is it just me or is that weird as f*ck. Everything was acting weird then all of a sudden it stopped and everything was normal.

Now when i did another search when i was typing all this it found korgo.j.worm and the rbot.c.worm.

I hope that you dont really think you have a virus scanner program from Microsoft, Microsoft doesn't have an anti-virus program (although they are considering it). If you do have something that says it is a virus scanner program from Microsoft then that is probably where you are getting infected. Just about any of the anti-virus programs will stop all but brand new virus' as long as you have them properly configured and keep the virus definitions up to date.

It also sounds like you aren't keeping your version of windows up to date either, you should probably let windows download and install critical updates automatically.

TittleBitties said:
the free anti-virus that u get from microsoft when u sign up for the security update cd does that i get a message that tells me...i found out like 100+ files had the jeefo virus or w/e it was.
The microsoft update CD costs $10. Why buy it when you can download it online free?

Thanks

Alright...i know its not from microsoft themself but the anti-virus program came with the febuary update cd. I didnt cost $10 either it was free so i unno what your talkin about.

TittleBitties said:
Alright...i know its not from microsoft themself but the anti-virus program came with the febuary update cd. I didnt cost $10 either it was free so i unno what your talkin about.
I applied for the FREE Microsoft update CD. They wanted $10 for shipping & handling.
The link above says the CD is no longer available.

Thank you for replying.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back