Is there a way to lower PING in XP

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by oO ShifterZ Oo, Feb 24, 2002.

1. hi guys, i was wondering how do i lower my ping on XP, is there any tweakers out there or settings, what i did was set my coms port to 11500 and i set this string to it S11=50 which makes it dail faster, is there any other way or something i missed.???

2. BonyTony

BonyTony Moderator

3. Zedric

Zedric NTFS Guru Folding Team

What does your dialing speed have to do with your ping???
    I'm not sure you can do anything to improve it (unless it's very high due to a missconfiguration/broken hardware).

4. hyperlink1uk

hyperlink1uk Guest

Ping

Duno what your ping is like but in counter strike i can get 140 and slightly better. However this is because i changed modem, my old one was not a traditional win-modem but still used alot of my processor as much as 20%, having switched to a external 56k i get the above pings. I also find that only running a 433 it makes games run much smother when online. My only other sugstion is change ISP or the number that u dial for the isp you are with. I am with Freeserve anytime but bt who i was with was also a bit slower, and aol do noy touch them all the pings i have seen in the uk for aol where 400+

Hope that helps someone

5. Hi, you mention something about freeserve, well my contract wit MSN wit gonna run out pretty soon, and i was wondering it freeserve free and a great services??

6. Lactic.Acid

Lactic.Acid Guest

You can improve ping speed by getting a faster internet connection. That's about your only choice (that will change anything).
    /Lactic

7. boomiku

boomiku OSNN One Post Wonder

Yes,I agree with you.
    When i had ping issue on my Xp,
    I improved my internet connection.Now i have better ping rate than before
    Finally i checked my new ping using Whoisxy.com I got good results.