Is System Mechanic any good

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by indyjones, Feb 24, 2004.

1. indyjones

indyjones OSNN.net Adventurer

I have noticed loads of empty folders and junk scattered about my hard disk specifially windows related. Rather than spend my life cleaning them out manually are there any good programs to clean them automatically ? I have noticed system mechanic clams to do this and i used to use the norton utilities back in my win9X days. what are peoples opions on these ?
    Cheers :)

2. chaos945

chaos945 Moderator

I've used it before, its not a bad program with lots of great features. Another not bad one is by Ashampoo, but now I just stick with Spybot and custom bat files.

3. Johnny

Johnny .. Commodore .. Political User

System mechanic is basically a prog with a bunch of things combined in to one. It's not a bad prog. I like it, used it for years.

4. jan

jan Aspiress

I used the free version for years and it was great.I tried the pro version and it has an anti virus that will hunt you down mercilessly even if you dont install it and turn it off.

5. vern

vern Dominus Political User Folding Team

I've used it a few months ago. Didn't re-install i though. I might get a newer version someday ...

6. Johnny

Johnny .. Commodore .. Political User

Yeah that antivirus from panda. I did'nt care for it either - It was so annoying and bugged the heck out of me also.