Is it posible to backup XP updates?

M

Moejoe

Whats gopin on everybody, upgraded to a larger drive and i wanted to replace my cyrrent one, so i thought i might as well do a clean install of xp since its been a while, the old drive is my backup and i have most of the setup files for my programs im wondering about the xp updates though, ive got quite a few downloaded over the past few months, is there any way i can back them up, i know i can uninstall them but do they have a setup or exe file that i can use after my clean sweep so that i dont have to download them all again?

Your help on the matter would be highly appreciated:)

you can download the pre SP2 from here( all fixes collected in one file , you need SP1 to apply pre SP2.
pre sp2

Originally posted by Octopus
you can download the pre SP2 from here( all fixes collected in one file , you need SP1 to apply pre SP2.
pre sp2

Wat is pre SP2??????????...please explain this to me as i like to keep up to date with them all....

Originally posted by Enyo
Pre SP2 patches are all the patches MS has released post SP1, they are the single updates you have been getting from windows update when SP2 comes out it will contain all these fixes in one single and heavily tested file which is why service packing is prefered to patching.

Ok thanks for the info....not a bad idea...

It won't help you this time, but in the future you can save the downloads for the next time by clicking on "Personalize Windows Update", then click on "Add a link to Windows Upate Catalog", click on "Save", then click on "Windows Update Catalog", pick your operating system in the drop down box and you can then download all the updates and save them on your HD or burn to CD, etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back