Is it posible to backup XP updates?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Moejoe, Feb 6, 2003.

1. Moejoe

Moejoe Guest

Whats gopin on everybody, upgraded to a larger drive and i wanted to replace my cyrrent one, so i thought i might as well do a clean install of xp since its been a while, the old drive is my backup and i have most of the setup files for my programs im wondering about the xp updates though, ive got quite a few downloaded over the past few months, is there any way i can back them up, i know i can uninstall them but do they have a setup or exe file that i can use after my clean sweep so that i dont have to download them all again?

Your help on the matter would be highly appreciated:)

2. Octopus

Octopus Moderator

you can download the pre SP2 from here( all fixes collected in one file , you need SP1 to apply pre SP2.
    pre sp2

3. alloy25

alloy25 Guest

Wat is pre SP2??????????...please explain this to me as i like to keep up to date with them all....

4. alloy25

alloy25 Guest

Ok thanks for the info....not a bad idea...

5. Waldo

Waldo Guest

It won't help you this time, but in the future you can save the downloads for the next time by clicking on "Personalize Windows Update", then click on "Add a link to Windows Upate Catalog", click on "Save", then click on "Windows Update Catalog", pick your operating system in the drop down box and you can then download all the updates and save them on your HD or burn to CD, etc.