~ Is it a hardware problem ?? ~

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by dingostema, Jun 20, 2002.

1. dingostema

dingostema Guest

Hi all,

After rebuilding my machine 3 times I have decided to ask for help. It would appear that I am having some kind of IDE bus problem. I have installed a full version of XP pro on my machine with the hope of using it to run Logic Audio. My first problem seems to be a much slower boot up speed than I have seen on other machines (similar setup). My second problem is that any audio (wav files) that I play which are on my C drive sound VERY jittery and jumpy though if I copy the same audio file onto my D drive (primary slave) and play it from there, it sounds fine. Apart from the XP udate drivers for my sound card (SB Live Platinum), XP found everything else that was needed. Indeed, the only PnP hardware that I have is the Graphics card and the sound card. There are no conflicts or IRQ issues either. I could really do with some help as I have run out of ideas.....

Thanks

Dingo

Win XP Pro
    1 x 20 Gig 7200 Pri Master
    1 x 40 Gig 7200 Pri Slave
    512 Meg 100 RAM
    AMD 1200 duron
    ATI 128 pro
    Sound Blaster live Platinum

2. Reg

Reg eXperienced!

If you haven't started using the machine, boot the machine with a Windows 98 boot disk. Type in:

fdisk /mbr

Then boot the machine on your Windows XP disc. When it asks for format type, choose the regular NTFS format, not the quick one. Then reinstall XP.