Is fanboyism on the decline?

I like the 4runners too but never drove one. I like them alot tho

I agree with you about the whole vehicle thing too :)

Well hell, that deserves some reps just for knowing a good thing when you see it. Go for a test drive now! My only complaints is the interior lights and inability to turn off traction control (can be circumvented though)

Well hell, that deserves some reps just for knowing a good thing when you see it. Go for a test drive now! My only complaints is the interior lights and inability to turn off traction control (can be circumvented though)

Traction control is for girls :lick:

Gonna be getting a loan this winter so get at new vehicle. Hopefully a truck or jeep or something good thats 4x4. If not then gonna stick with a Grand Prix but 3.8 supercharged :)

Traction control has it's place: on icy paved roads. I would like to be able to turn it off though because in mud, you have to spin the wheels to fling the mud off and get traction or in sand or gravel it gets ridiculous as it lowers rpm and applies brakes automatically.

It becomes dangerous when merging into traffic at speed and it has sensed wheel spin - it will lower rpm and cause a rear end possibility. You can't lock the center diff on a paved road. (well you can but it has to be in 4x4 and it would cause binding in steerring -not good.

It will disengage when you have the center diff locked though but you only do that in severe conditions. The workaround is to insert a toggle switch but you have to cut the factory wiring to do so.

I can't remember the car's name but it was a limited edition 3.8 turbo? That if you replaced the chip it would make much power. * edit - the Grand National was/is a great car! Anyway yeah, the Grand Prix 3.8 supercharged is a very nice car.

Time slip for car below - stock engine/turbo replacement/computer chip
1/4 Mile ET: 10.540
1/4 Mile MPH: 126.350
1/8 Mile ET: 6.693
1/8 Mile MPH: 103.160
0-60 Foot ET: 1.522
Temperature F: 77.0
Timeslip Scan:
Car Make: Buick
Car Model: Grand National
Car Type: TSM
Car Year: 1986

Last edited:
Yeah, used both ATI and NVIDIA myself and been really happy with both products.
Using NVIDIA now, but have contacts at AMD who wanna be my friend :p
So hard!

EP is an nvidiot.

He wears green undies with the nvidia logo on it :eek:

Traction control has it's place: on icy paved roads. I would like to be able to turn it off though because in mud, you have to spin the wheels to fling the mud off and get traction or in sand or gravel it gets ridiculous as it lowers rpm and applies brakes automatically.

It becomes dangerous when merging into traffic at speed and it has sensed wheel spin - it will lower rpm and cause a rear end possibility. You can't lock the center diff on a paved road. (well you can but it has to be in 4x4 and it would cause binding in steerring -not good.

It will disengage when you have the center diff locked though but you only do that in severe conditions. The workaround is to insert a toggle switch but you have to cut the factory wiring to do so.

I can't remember the car's name but it was a limited edition 3.8 turbo? That if you replaced the chip it would make much power. * edit - the Grand National was/is a great car! Anyway yeah, the Grand Prix 3.8 supercharged is a very nice car.

Time slip for car below - stock engine/turbo replacement/computer chip
1/4 Mile ET: 10.540
1/4 Mile MPH: 126.350
1/8 Mile ET: 6.693
1/8 Mile MPH: 103.160
0-60 Foot ET: 1.522
Temperature F: 77.0
Timeslip Scan:
Car Make: Buick
Car Model: Grand National
Car Type: TSM
Car Year: 1986

Thats why i dont like traction control lol

That car is slow :lick:

It gets icy up here. I bet it does in mich. As well. I'm going to modify trac-lock with a toggle switch. Check out this bad boy scroll down for some great photos - same year (last of the 3rd generation) : http://www.yotatech.com/showthread.php?t=91301

Yeah, hehe - that car is 10 seconds slow - :yowch:

Thats pretty nice :)

I know a Grand Prix that can beat that car.

9.6 second 1/4 :)

Thats pretty nice :)

I know a Grand Prix that can beat that car.

9.6 second 1/4 :)

A stock GP with only turbo replacements and a chip? I can show you GN's that pull wheelies. :)

Now I'm not knocking the Grand Prix at all but the Grand National is a special car.

Still think this wicked Buford is race-only? (car below) How many racecars have you seen with this much chrome under the bonnet? That enormous 88 turbo stuffs the Stage 2 with 31 pounds of boost, and Hartline's Buick dances around the thousand-horsepower mark on the dyno.
Car: 1987 Buick Grand National
Owner: Cal Hartline
Block: Buick Motorsports Stage 2
Best ET/mph: 8.57 at 159.87
Best 60-ft. time: 1.30
Current mileage: 219,000
Miles driven weekly: 50

Fanboy wars are fun!

Now for a stock Grand National GNX

Country of origin United States
Produced in 1987
Numbers built 547
Body design N/A
Weight 1575 kilo / 3472.3 lbs
Drivetrain
Engine 90º V 6
Engine Location Front , longitudinally mounted
Displacement 3.791 liter / 231.3 cu in
Valvetrain 2 valves / cylinder, OHV
Fuel feed Sequential Multipoint Fuel injection
Aspiration Garrett Turbo
Gearbox Turbo Hydramatic 200 4 speed Automatic
Drive Rear wheel drive
Performance figures
Power 276 bhp / 206 KW @ 4400 rpm
Torque 488 Nm / 360 ft lbs @ 3000 rpm
BHP/Liter 73 bhp / liter
Power to weight ratio 0.18 bhp / kg
Top Speed 200 km/h / 124 mph(limited)
0-60 mph Acceleration 5.4 s

Ready for replacement in 1987, the Buick Regal was one of the last rear wheel driven cars produced by General Motors. Buick made sure that occasion of its replacement a new front wheel driven model did not go unnoticed. The Grand National performance version of the Regal had already been available, but for that last year Buick upped the ante even further. With the help of McLaren Engines, the Grand National was transformed in the GNX, one of the quickest cars produced in North America in the 1980s.

The turbocharged V6 of the Grand National was completely reworked by McLaren Engines. The turbo and intercooler were both upgraded and the engine's computer was reprogrammed. The four speed automatic gearbox received its own oil cooler. These modifications resulted in a stunning performance increase, bringing the boxy Regal on par with contemporary sports cars. Like for the Grand National, the GNX's top speed was electronically limited to 200 km/h.

Outwardly the changes were a little more subtly, with the bright 'GNX' badge in the blackened out grille as the only obvious change. Other changes included a power bulge on the engine cover, vents behind the front wheel arches and wider fenders. Customers had little choice in what their GNX would look like; it was available in any colour as long as it was black. Now where did we hear that before?

Production was limited to just 547 vehicles, which was still 47 over the intended number. Already a rare car in its day, the GNX is a collector's item today. Its turbo charged engine and boxy styling make it the icon of America's performance cars of the 1980s.
source: http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame.php?file=car.php&carnum=2302

Here is the best of both worlds for you. A Grand Am 4x4!

Last edited:
A stock GP with only turbo replacements and a chip? I can show you GN's that pull wheelies. :)

Now I'm not knocking the Grand Prix at all but the Grand National is a special car.

Fanboy wars are fun!

Now for a stock Grand National GNX

source: http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame.php?file=car.php&carnum=2302

Here is the best of both worlds for you. A Grand Am 4x4!

I like the GN's

Also...this GP that ran the 9.6 is front wheel drive with 600 and something horse with a bunch of mods.

I would rather take an old school vehicle anyday tho :)

Grand Am's = crap

Marge, you don't qualify anyways. You're missing something, thankfully.:D

I am still a fanboy for GM

I hate ford besides there 78-79 f series trucks/broncos

Otherwise screw ford and there pieces of crap

Also...ATI and AMD for lifezzzzzzzzzz haha
I take it Ford must be a bit better over here in Europe.

^

Yes...even I think GM is going downhill and producing ****ty cars but still way better then ford

Pontiac I think is the best out of anything from GM. S-10 trucks and blazers being the worst.

I read toyota should be number #1 by 2008. Has been infront of ford for #2 spot since 03 and soon to be number #1. Toyota is my 2nd fav :)

Hey...fanboyism isn't just with computers

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back