IRQ? how to

Shamus MacNoob

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
How to set irq for video card or sound card?

As it is mine both share irq 11 ...if I go to device manager and try to remove use automatic settings I can't , its greyed out on all my devices, Yes I am on the admin account.

And what benifit is there to haveing lets say the sound card on a different IRQ than the vid card , I dont have any conflicts but I want to know why I am not able to set them, and would I gain anything if I did have them separate.

Thanks in advance

:)

On ACPI compliant motherboards with Windows XP installed, PCI devices will be re-enumerated by the operating system so that they share the same IRQ (usually IRQ9 or sometimes IRQ11). This is completely normal operation and has been intentionally designed into the Windows XP operating systems.

Youve probably got the IRQs on auto setting in the Bios as I have, thus setting in D/M is ticked as Auto but greyed out for purpose of changing.
Best to leave for Windows to decide what can happily live with a shared IRQ and what cannot.
On rare occasion theres a conflict look for Bios adjustment and try to override in D/M.
Never seen it happen myself.

Yep, leave it be. The IRQ:s are to few to go around so nowadays hardware can share IRQ. It's perfectly normal.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back