iPod Touch question

Discussion in 'Portable Devices & Gadgets' started by Evil Marge, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Evil Marge

Evil Marge I Rule Political User

I've a question, well quite a few questions actually.

I'm getting a new iPod Touch and want all my music, purchases etc transfering on to it, how would I go about doing this?

My hubby wants my old iPod Touch which has paid for updates on it as only a 1st generation but if I do a full restore then allow him to make his own account on iTunes we'll lose these won't we as they'll only be associated with my account? :suprised:

I hope you can understand what I'm asking :laugh:

2. Perris Calderon

Perris Calderon Moderator Staff Member Political User

I don't know much about apple software but if you remember a while back I asked about an alternative program to itunes

that was the reason I needed the alternative program, I wound up using winamp and was able to drag and drop content but winamp is finicky and there might be a better program by now

here's the thread, there are a bunch of suggestions for ipod managers on that thread

Last edited: Jan 4, 2010
  3. Evil Marge

Thanks for the reply perris but my question isn't about an alternative to itunes. I'm wanting to know is it easy to put all my stuff on to a brand new iPod touch? My big question is about the software updates I paid for when giving the ipod to my hubby.

4. Perris Calderon

Perris Calderon Moderator Staff Member Political User

aha, I misunderstood, hopefully someone who knows the hardware can help you then

5. Jewelzz

Jewelzz OSNN Godlike Veteran

6. Evil Marge

Thanks perris
    Thanks Jewelzz, I came across that yesterday. I still can't find out if I'll lose the software updates if I do a restore and hubby makes a new Apple id. I'll just have to keep looking. Thanks again guy's

7. Jewelzz

Jewelzz OSNN Godlike Veteran

Can't call Apple and ask?

8. Xie

Xie - geek - Subscribed User Folding Team

9. Evil Marge

Thanks Xie, we aready do the 3rd method for his iPod Nano so we're just gonna stick with that and he'll use my apple id. :)

10. Xie

Xie - geek - Subscribed User Folding Team

Glad to help. :) Would be nice if you didn't have to ask/search about and they would just tell you.

11. binoyxj

binoyxj PrOuD InDiAn

12. epk

epk Moderator Political User Folding Team

idk if this is too obvious and all.. but back up everything!
    stupid apple doesnt have any cloud synchronizing, so if u lose ur stuff, its gone (ok, there are ways to get it back from the ipod, but not a simple task)

and.. anyway, with the backup (just copy the itunes library somewhere) u should keep all the stuff

13. RepairComputerGuru

RepairComputerGuru OSNN One Post Wonder

You should be able to just plug and play using the same Itunes account. I can tell you that if you want to use any firmware updates from your previous account to your new Itouch..You should have no problems just plugging in an synching.

Hope this makes sense.....Check out this website also for some tips and tricks..

www.iclarified.com