iPod Shuffle

£99 doesn't sound that bad for an mp3 player of that size, considering how a 256mb iriver cost my friend over £100 a year back!

Have to admit, it is a stylish piece of kit, but the lack of screen is kinda detrimental, if not a big one.

Hmm, £70 is still a bit too expensive for only 120 songs.

I know there are better things out there, but for me a major advantage for the shuffle and the ipods is the FM antenna...so if you are in your car, at home etc you can easily tune your radio in.....if other brands did a similar thing i would definately be interested.

The lack of screen is on purpose. If you want to know why, please watch steve's keynote. He explains why.

im telling you, its a mind game.
guarenteed it will increase the sales of their Minis and their conventional models.

everybody wants an ipod, if i can have this one for 200 bucks why not pay a little more and quadruple the capacity, and satisfy myself with a screen.

the guy/gal in marketing who thought this one up is getting a pat on the butt/back for sure.

I own an ipod, I got mine for free but I own an ipod.
I think the competitors are doing a much better job at releasing products with more options, capabilities and eye candy.
It's just they are not "iPods" and so they aren't as trendy and made by apple so apple still has kept a stranglehold on the market.

If I could have gotten a different product for free for mp3 playing I would have, but the way I got it at the time only were offering iPods

sexy little thing ipod is tha poopoo (sh*t) no one beats ipod... does anyone know if there will be ipod with video on it if so when?

Tuffgong4 said:
I own an ipod, I got mine for free but I own an ipod.
I think the competitors are doing a much better job at releasing products with more options, capabilities and eye candy.
It's just they are not "iPods" and so they aren't as trendy and made by apple so apple still has kept a stranglehold on the market.

If I could have gotten a different product for free for mp3 playing I would have, but the way I got it at the time only were offering iPods
well said my friend nothing beats ipod, i mean other mp3 players can't have as good as a system as ipod, apple spent their whole time designing operating systems and they also put a good one on the ipod, i dont think microsoft could come up with an mp3 player as good coz they dont usually change styles and will stick to that bulky xp look, plus apple has better looking graphics

i hope im right on this

FishBoy said:
sexy little thing ipod is tha poopoo (sh*t) no one beats ipod... does anyone know if there will be ipod with video on it if so when?
Never. Apple don't like the idea of portable video. With that said, they never liked the idea of flash players or iTunes on Windows, but with enough demand, and a genuine market, they can release a worth-while product.

So it's a very tentative 'never'. :)

may of accidentally ordered one of these this morning

HEY LOOK! A BLUE GIRAFFE!!

*runs*

congrats... post a review of it when you get it...

I'm finishing my review of my pocket DJ right nowq

Awesome, will look forward to reading it, not heard much about them to be honest, will be nice to get some proper info :)

As for the shuffle, got an e-mail stating it'll be on or before the 25th of feb... guh. I know the demand for these bugger's must of been huge, but I sure as hell hope it doesn't take that long (likely my own fault for ordering some accessories with 4-6 weeks ship time with it too.. ah well, live and learn :D)

well at first i kind of thought a screen would have been a better idea, but after watching the keynote and thinking about it for a while, i think it makes sense for it not to have a screen. i think of it now as more of an overpriced usb flash drive that can play music as an added perk. having no screen is also good for size and weight, and overall durability. maybe it's just because i've been brainwashed by steve's marketing pitch, but other flash drives are actually a pain to use. so yeah, well done apple. that said i don't know why anyone wouldn't just shell out the extra money to get a real ipod with actual storage, but people have their reasons. then again i said some pretty nasty things about the airport express and wound up with one a few weeks later :-D

Waiting to read your reviews, Sazar and SPeedY_B. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back